Scar Revision Turned into a Painful Hypertropic Scar - Avoid Dr. Benjamin Schlecter. Wyomissing, PA

Dr. Benjamin Schlecter of Spring Ridge Cosmetic...

Dr. Benjamin Schlecter of Spring Ridge Cosmetic Surgery Center assured me that he could minimize a flat, pain-free scar with surgery. What I ended up with was a very painful hypertropic scar. Dr. Schlechter was extremely uncaring about the result of his surgery. I would NOT recommend Dr. Benjamin Schlecter to anyone. I have been to another doctor to correct the damage done by Dr. Schlecter and was told that surgery on my original scar was not warranted as there was not enough tissue; which caused the hypertropic scar. Dr. Schlechter should have known this.

Lasting pain and scars

I went to Benjamin Schlecter to have a scar minimized. What I ended up with was a painful, pulled, hypertropic scar. Instead of suggesting laser remedies or acid peels he told me that he could minimize the scar with surgery. In surgery he pulled my skin too tightly and put too much tension in the scar region, causing the scar to become raised (hypertropic) and pulled (visible tension lines). He also extended the scar area during surgery. His surgery also caused nerve damage that will last the rest of my life. I now cannot move my mouth or turn my head without feeling severe pain.

His attitude when I complained to him was totally uncaring. I have since seen another doctor who gave me cortisone shots to smoothed the raised, but the area Schlecter butchered will always remain along with the pain.

I cannot upload updated photos to share with you

This is very upsetting to me that I an unable to share with you the most current photos of the butchered surgery that Benjamin Schlecter me with. :(
Reading Plastic Surgeon