Explant w/Lift Happy Camper!!!

Hi girls! I'm not gonna be super long-winded. I've...

Hi girls! I'm not gonna be super long-winded. I've been reading all of your stories for a while in preparation for my procedure so that I know what to expect. I'll be explanting my 500 +/- cc saline implants along with the capsules (grade IV CC- gradually right implant migrated up toward my shoulder and hardened, VERY painful for about the last 1-2 years) via "en-bloc" capsulectomy and mastopexy. I have HATED these things for about 10 years but have never had the time or money to do anything about it. Well, finally MY TIME HAS COME! I will NOT miss them one bit. They were TOO BIG from day one and I should've just had the lift 20 years ago. I've learned some valuable life lessons from these things, so although they were a mistake, that is how we learn...isn't it? I did some intensive research, went on a few consults and found an amazing surgeon whom, I'm confident will fix my boobies. The price is for everything listed and uses IV sedation, so while I'll be unconscious for the 3 hour procedure, the recovery time, pain, bruising and swelling will be less than going under general anesthesia. I didn't feel right being able to reap the benefits for all of your courageous stories unless I reciprocated. I took some before pics and will certainly post them...but right now I'm still in shock over exactly how outrageous I look in them. I've avoided looking at them naked for years and have even resorted to celibacy in these most recent 2 yrs. due to their freakish appearance without clothing. I can NOT wait until June 4th. I feel like the day I am free from these hideous things, I will be reborn a new and improved, healthy, self-loving woman.

Amazing how long I've just lived this way...

As you can see, I've posted a pic. Looking at it, I want to cry. As much as I hate how they look and feel, I cannot remember being any other way. All of you ladies describe feeling so light and free moving after explant, and for as long as I've been an adult, I've had these huge uncomfortable, embarrassing bags to lug around with me. I turned 40 recently and can't think of a time when I've felt free to dress any way I wanted without first considering how much (negative) attention I'd attract. I've seriously become so jaded with men and it's all due to these huge boobs that I CHOSE! What did I expect besides the wrong men being drawn to me for looking like someone I'm not.

Mammogram! WTF?!

My PS needed me to get a mammogram (guessing it's standard now for ladies of a certain age anyway) so I went today for mine. Maybe because I've never had a mammogram before (or children), but I feel like this is some kind of medeival torturte!!! It just blows me away that, in this day and age, something so barbaric is still used to detect abnormalities in womens' breasts! WHAT THE HELL?? 4 images needed of each breast. Okay, that's understandable, top-to-bottom L/R, then angled L/R. Now another of each with my CALCIFIED (PS's word) IMPLANTS moved (manually, by the tech as she squeezed the skin starting at the nipple so that the implant was not in the frame)...was..about..to..pass..out..gulp. Whew. So it's not childbirth, pain-wise, but holy-cow!!!!!

Emotional

I feel like my emotions are all over the place. I know that's to be expected, but I just don't get how one day, I'm delusional with excitement to have these things removed, and then the following day I have a massive lump in my throat, choking back tears. This surgery is all I can think about! Even my dreams are all about BOOBS! I find myself working boobs/surgery into almost every conversation (even at work!!!! NOT GOOD!!) and text message...I feel sorry for my family and friends (and coworkers!) for having to put up with me lately. With my guilt complex (from years of forced organized religion-not gonna say which! Lol), of course I feel terrible for being a burden to those around me. They've been good sports, but I suspect they may be as anxious for my surgery date to arrive as I am, just so that I'll shut the hell up. You know that saying, that you don't have to be physically alone to feel lonely? Well, I feel like I'm stranded on an island, trying to get off...only no one is even looking for me :( They don't even notice that I am missing from their world.

All paid and ready to go in just 11 days!

My pre-op appointment was 3 days ago and I can honestly say that I'm beyond excited! Any nerves I'd had about my decision to explant must've been solely financial because the second I was walking to my car holding my paperwork and receipts, I felt a wave of calm wash over me.

After my explant/anchor lift on June 4th, I plan on writing a review of my surgeon and the/his surgical center because I have nothing but positive things to say. From the initial phone call to set up my appointment for a consult, to leaving the office this past Friday, each and every staff member has been absoletely 100% professional, polite, accommodating, reassuring...I could go on forever! Until then, anyone wanting the name/contact info is certainly welcome to message me.

It's a beautiful feeling I have now, although a bit tough to describe. I have absolute faith in my surgeon and his practice. I know my days with these burden-boobs are numbered and soon, I'll be rid of them and all the headaches (both literally and figuratively) they came with. I'm happy with my decision, regardless of aesthetic outcome. I mean, I've always been uncomfortable with how huge and uneven they looked naked and in clothes, so I've tried to cover my body more and more...even avoided intimacy in more recent years. If my results are less appealing than I hope for, I can just keep them to myself or wear a bra during sex since I've been doing that for 10+ years anyway! And if they look good, then WOOOO HOOO! I'll be thrilled and may wander around topless for a while to celebrate! (kidding!) So although I'm confident in the skill of my surgeon, I'm very realistic about my outcome and also realizing that my breasts will be healing, continuing to change for months! I'm more excited than nervous and any anxiety I feel is because I wish my surgery date were sooner. I just needed the extra time to put my finances in order. Because I see the "light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak, I'm seeing things a little differently. Every time I'm annoyed by a shirt not fitting, by a guy staring, etc. I automatically feel a thrill as I think to myself "not for long, baby! NOT FOR LONG!"

It's The Final Countdown!

I guess when your coworkers start humming this song to you, you MAY have talked a TAD BIT about your upcoming procedure...lol. They've been good sports about it.

My last day at work was yesterday and I took today off to clean the crap out of my place (as everyone suggests) so I won't be tempted to overdo it post-op. Also prepped some meals in advance, stocked up on yogurt (antibiotics and yeast infections are good friends. Ew.), etc. Got the call today from my surgery coordinator (who's an absolute doll) to remind me to take my 1st dose of antibiotic and arnica tonight. She also let me know it was ok to color my hair today (since my girl had an opening on her schedule), and go for a mani/pedi (if time permits)! Since I'm only doing twilight sedation and not GA, I can primp away! Wow.

I really thought I'd be a wreck by now but I'm not. I AM really excited, but no nerves. I am SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOO READY to be FREE!!! I also booked a hotel just 2 miles from the surgery center, so I won't have to worry about making the 90 minute drive during the a.m. rush. My ex is driving me to and from, so this makes it easier on us both. Found a Groupon online for the hotel for $75. WELL WORTH IT. I'm due in at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow!! Will keep you all posted on everything as soon as possible. My procedure should take about 3 hours (anchor lift, explant and enbloc capsulectomy) and depending how loopy I feel.....SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE, LADIES! xo

They are gone!

Reminding all of you that I had saline, over muscle implants for almost 20 years with severe CC...had full anchor lift, enbloc capsulectomy with explant under IV sedation. Was unconscious but no respirator. Process was smooth, everything explained in detail by nurse anesthetist and surgeon. Pics taken, lovely silky robe...taken in on time, wheeled out in a wheelchair about 3 hrs later. But the pain set in on my way home (90 min drive with my ex/bestie) even after eating and drinking and my 1st pain pill. It continued to worsen despite laying at 45 degree angle the entire ride home. I had to take a 2nd pill (with crackers and prunes) but by the time I reached my house I was in tears. On a scale of 1-10, my pain was a 13. I've been on the couch since 2 pm, reclined on pillows with everything I need within reach. Kills to stand up, so I try not to. Absolutely Nooo reaching at all, elbows at side. Pain is now about an 8/10. Can't peek till doc removes my dressings on Monday. I honestly can't imagine making that drive again in this much pain, but I imagine the worst is behind me. Still,I'm happy with my decision!!

Can't peek till Monday!

Ladies! So many things to share... Sleep and rest are essential to healing quickly. Trouble sleeping messes things up, you're moving around more, more anxious, etc. Sleeeeep for the 1st day, even day 2. Next, just because you CAN do certain things (arm use) does not mean you should! Movement irritates, irritation leads to inflammation then soreness. Just think, "the less I do, the better I feel."

I'm taking a new approach to life...instead of being critical of what didn't go exactly as planned during my first 2 days of healing, I'm sharing things that will help some of you gals. Today I woke up feeling as if I'd turned a corner.

I took this pic today and sent it to my sister. She responded with 'they look so innocent and new!' I totally agree!!!!!

I'm "healing wonderfully"!

My post op appointment was yesterday, 4 days after surgery. It was the 1st time I could see my boobs (he said not to remove the bandages, so I didn't) and I have not stopped smiling since!!!

One Week Post-Op

Just posting pics of 1 week boobs, Dr. Schlechter is amazing.

9 day pic

Just over a month, post explant w/lift

Could not be happier. Zero issues, one side has slightly more healing to do than the other, but as I've learned, "boobs are sister's, not twins". Very wise words from Dr. Schlechter's staff. Still mostly sleeping on my back, and I'm still a few weeks from getting cleared for the gym, but those are very minor annoyances in comparison to living with those nasty hard balls.

Better lighting pic, taken today

Still some numb areas, gaining feeling more and more. Between the smaller chest and gaining weight from not exercising, I feel pretty gross, physically. Assuming once I resume yoga and the gym, they'll get smaller. No actual 'size' but if I had to guess, I'd say I'm a 32-34 C. I'll take a few pics from the side, as they have less projection outward.

Two months post op

Had written a long update but I'm not sure why it's not posting. Could be my phone..I will re write later when I'm sure it hasn't mysteriously appeared.

Another angle 2 mos

Life Changing Implant Removal W Anchor Lift

I could not be happier with my experience with Dr. Schlechter and his entire staff. From my first experience at the surgical center (Prosperi-Schlechter Surgi Center), I was immediately impressed with the appearance and level of cleanliness everywhere I looked. Leaving that day after my consultation, I knew my search for the right surgeon was over. Dr. Schlechter has a subdued confidence that's both calming and reassuring. He looks you in the eye, listens to you, encourages you to ask questions during appointments and when heinstructed me to email or call the office if I thought of anything later, I did. I emailed his office with a question on a Saturday afternoon, and it only took about 45 minutes for him to respond. I was blown away! During my preop appointment, Lynne not only went through the paperwork with me, she took her time to explain different sections to me, so that I understood what I was signing. Even when there was a hiccup with a certain payment, not once did I feel awkward or rushed. They phoned in my prescriptions to my local pharmacy, and after surgery even called to check in on me. Spring Ridge Plastic Surgery is both impressive in it's cutting-edge technology and staffed wiith a level of class and professionalism far superior to any others I've encountered. If I could give Dr. Schlechter and his practice more than 5 stars, I would! Did I mention the on site Med-Spa?

Reading Plastic Surgeon