Sciton Laser - Eye/Face Wrinkles and Aging - Massachusetts

I went to Dr. Kates due to wrinkled skin around my...

I went to Dr. Kates due to wrinkled skin around my eyes and aging skin on face. He was exceptional! Very patient with all my questions, has a great personality and is clearly an excellent dermatologist. He discussed pros and cons of laser resurfacing so that I knew what I was signing up for. He set realistic expectations and was spot on in regards to timeline for healing.

I did proceed with Sciton laser - aggressive around eyes and moderate the rest of face. The laser procedure went well, numbing cream used for about 45 minutes prior plus numbing injections around eyes. I was nervous as I read many reviews on laser that claimed it was very painful. My experience was that it wasn't painful, but I'm not sure if that was due to numbing or the great doctor. My face did feel like I got a sunburn for several hours but then it dulled. I did swell a bit and have some oozing and crusting on day 2 but that was explained upfront and expected. Depending on how aggressive you go, you may want to plan at least a week off. I took 7 business days and that seems like it will be perfect - most of my face was healed by day 3/4. Around eyes needs few more days due to fact we went aggressive I am on day 5 as I post this and have healed very quickly. Full results won't be achieved for a bit as collagen kicks in, but I know I am under great care and confident I will be pleased. I will post updates and pictures. Feel free to ask questions.

Pics added

Added pics....

Adding two more pics. Day 5 and 6

Day 5 and 6

Day 10 photo

I'm still a little swollen so guessing some wrinkles may come back when swelling goes down. If it stays like this I will be thrilled! Definitely happy so far.
Worcester Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Kates is fantastic!! He answered all my questions and did a great job of preparing me for this procedure. We discussed options and the results each would yield. I really appreciated how personable he was - nice to see a doctor smiling and friendly. I never felt rushed and always felt like he was honest and upfront. I would highly recommend him! Procedure was done in office in Worcester, MA but doing follow up visits in his Chelmsford, MA office. Office staff have been friendly and responsive as well.