31 Year Old Female, 1 Child, Weight Fluctuation. Hattiesburg, MS

I researched Coolsculpting for about a year before...

I researched Coolsculpting for about a year before deciding to try it. The office I went to had a deal going so I got two applications done within the same treatment. I was very apprehensive as I read the reviews on here and heard all the stories about pain, discomfort, and no results. I decided to go through with it anyways as there were more good reviews than bad.

The actual treatment came with absolutely no pain. They put a small cloth on the treatment area. It was cold and wet from what she told me it was to prevent frost bite. The suction did not hurt. You can definitely feel it but it is not painful. It is more like a suction on your body. After about 5 minutes it went numb. The second area, I had to adjust the machine so that it didn't pull on my skin and fatty area, but after that adjustment it was comfortable. I sat for two hours (1 hour for each side). When the machine was taken off, the girl massaged the area. This too was not painful. What I would compare it to is the feeling you get when your foot falls asleep and then starts to wake back up after the blood starts flowing to it. Even at that, the pain wasn't as bad as I have felt in my foot after this occurred. I was back at work 30 minutes later.

In the two weeks leading up to my treatment, I did a no carb fast. I lost 10 lbs before even going to the appointment. The day of the treatment (today) my treatment area measured 42 inches (lower abdomen). I am a curvy and larger lady so that number may sound large, but I am actually very happy with my body. I only hate the little extra 2 inches I carry at the bottom.

I plan to take a week off the gym for personal reasons not associated with this (I usually go 2-3 times a week) and continue my diet. One thing about this is that it is not a miracle treatment. Don't waste your money if you aren't going to do the work on the back end to keep it off. I may be wrong, but if you are prone to gaining weight in certain areas, regardless of what results you get from Coolsculpting, you will gain weight back there if you do not follow a healthy diet and lifestyle. (speaking from experience)

I used to weight 285 lbs. I lost 150 lbs and got down to 135 lbs. I am currently back up to 175 lbs. I plan to continue this new healthy lifestyle to not only feel better but to look my best. I will be sure to keep this post up to date.

Day 2

Day 2 *** I went to a basketball game last night, no pain. Climbed stairs, did the normal mommy stuff, again no pain. The area is not sensitive to touch nor is there any bruising. There is a good bit of swelling but that will subside with time. I decided to wear a waist cincher (which I have worn before) as just a form of keeping everything from moving around. A lot of the reviews I read stated that there was a good bit of pain from clothes rubbing on the area and what not, so I am taking precautions to prevent that. I have also doubled my water intake. I am continuing on my no carb diet.

I would compare the sensation I feel to having went to the gym and did a couple hundred sit-ups. It also feels like a three or four day old bruise. No pain, just a sensation.

*** I will post pics again at the 1, 2, 3, and 4 month marks.

Day 5

Still no pain. The area is still slightly numb. There are some shooting tings I feel every now and then. My waist this morning measured at 43 inches so there is still some swelling. I am attaching pictures not because I see a huge difference, just want to give an accurate account to my progress and if I am posting an update, I want to include pics.

Day 5 is when I read the pain started for most people so I wanted to include an update today.

Three Weeks Out

No pain. Feeling has come back. I have not lost any weight (Diet got sidetracked) but this procedure does not come with expected weight loss. I wanted to provide pics because although I haven't lost weight, I feel like my stomach has flattened out a little bit!

Five Weeks Out

I had to take a break from the gym. I am actually down a few pounds (not because of the procedure) but I am back in the gym now and am hoping to lose about 20lbs over the next few months to add to the effect. I am still a 7 weeks out from the 3 months they tell you it can possibly take to see effects, but my skin looks much tighter down there, my "bump" looks smaller, despite the heavier weight I am carrying. I believe this procedure works with the right maintenance on your body following. I will continue to update as the weeks progress.

Two Month (6 Days short) Update

I can notice a difference in the side view for sure. This is exactly what I expected from treatment and I may be going back in the Winter for a second treatment just to get rid of that final little bit of pudge. Three month update coming soon!

Feeling better after having my Mirena removed. Cravings are finally under control and I'm back in the gym!
Women's Pavillon