Sono Bello - Woburn, MA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hi, had the procedure done yesterday at 2pm. I...

Hi, had the procedure done yesterday at 2pm. I showed up at 1pm as instructed. I got a friendly greeting and was asked if I wanted anything to drink and declined because I was already water logged due to all the water I have been drinking to make sure I was adequately hydrated.

I got my upper and lower abdomen as well as my waist (love handles) done.
I will admit I was nervous about the procedure, I always have had an issue with needles.

Well, I was brought into an exam room by Jillian, she took my blood pressure and got me ready, handing me shorts and a Johnny. I told Jillian I was nervous and she made me very comfortable with smile and assurance that I had nothing to worry about. When it time she gave me the necessary medications too.

The doctor came in to talk to me and draw lines in the area to be worked on and ask if I had any questions. The doctor also spent some time with small talk which I thought was nice.

I was brought into the operating room and it was not long before things got started, I can tell you that everything I was worried about was quickly dismissed. I felt no pain, other than a little sting now and then. I was very happy with the doctor as once he started the lipo process he kept going at a nice pace until it was done. I only mentioned something when I felt a bit of pain and he addressed it quickly both times. ,

Monday Day 3

Very uncomfortable moving around. On day two (Saturday) after the surgery I was at my sisters house as she was the one taking care of me. She made sure I took medication and checked on bandages and helped make the garment changes. I did very little draining. I was surprised because I read that sometimes there was a lot. I had extra old towels on hand just in case and did not need any of them. My sister had purchased the poise maxi pads and directed in the instructions and we did use them but if I had to do it all over again; with the "little" draining that I did I would have been better off with some type of panty shield instead (my sisters recommendation). The Bulkiness of the Maxi Pads did cause a little extra discomfort. The other things that surprised me was on day two I went to urinate and noticed my penis was very swollen, kind of alarming to look down and NOT see what you usually see. I was concerned and called the doctor / Nurse I was quickly told that this was normal and it has come down to almost normal size (Damn).
I woke up at 3:30 this morning (Monday)and was in pain and since I was wearing the binder longer than necessary I removed it but was still very sore from sleeping. Once I got up and started moving around things felt a little less uncomfortable. I did stop taking the pain meds on Sunday morning because I really do not like taking medication unless really necessary, I can handle being uncomfortable for a while.
I am very constipated from the medications and surgery and have not had a bowel movement since Friday, it is now Monday. I am going to the pharmacy to pick up a stool softener and take in some fiber. Hopefully I will have a BM today before the abdominal pains get really bad.


Pain has subsided a lot now. Very little discomfort except upon waking up in the morning. I am guess all of the NON movement during the night causes stiffness. Once I get up and start moving around things get so much better. Drinking a lot of water and that seems to help also. I never had to get he stool softener because just before I was going to go get it, I ended up in the rest room and finally had a BM. I never knew I could be so happy to have a BM. I am taking fiber supplements (Fiber Con) and again..drinking plenty of water. I have no bruising at all and when I asked the nurse she told me that every is different and I may just one of those people that dont get the bruising and very little drainage.. All in all, so far I am very pleased I had this done. Just have to wait and see the end results when the swelling is gone. Good Luck if you decide to do this and I would definitely recommend the Sono Bello in Woburn, ma
Providence Plastic Surgeon

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful