Upper Eyelid Surgery at 54

My eyelids haven't been an issue until the last...

My eyelids haven't been an issue until the last few years. Both of my parents have the issue, and it affects their vision, so I could see where it would end up if I didn't address the problem. I contemplated having both eyelids done, but I don't have noticeably large eye bags. I do have lower eyelid wrinkles, but I was told a lower bleph would not fix that. It would tighten the loose skin, but it wouldn't eliminate the wrinkles. There are some things I can do to temporarily camouflage the lowers, but there was nothing that could be done about the uppers except surgery. I was never a beauty queen, but I knew at an early age that I would use what resources I could afford as I aged, and my eyelids were a problem that couldn't be hidden with makeup or creams or other gimmicks on the market.
My surgery was scheduled for 1:45, so no eating or drinking before the procedure. It was the day before Thanksgiving, so I got up early baked the turkey and pies. After slicing the turkey and putting it in the fridge until tomorrow, I went to the surgery center. The surgery before me ran several hours longer than expected, and it seemed like no matter which channel I watched in pre-op displayed delicious food. The hardest part was to quelch my hunger! It did pass, and I went in to surgery around 5:45. I awoke with an eye mask packed with ice, and soon I was home. I wasn't hungry and went to bed.
I normally sleep on my stomach, so sleeping was a challenge. The next day wasn't bad. Swelling had not peaked, and I had no issues finishing the thanksgiving cooking. I wore sunglasses to cover the bruising and swelling. The swelling peaked on the third day. The pain was minimal. Sleeping continued to be difficult, and I had blurry vision during times. It felt as if something was poking at my right eye. The eyelids felt tight and itchy, but I would describe it as mild discomfort. Around the fifth day, the bruising was bad and the swelling made me look like I had been in a bad fight. I was starting to doubt my decision. What if it didn't improve? I looked worse than before I had the surgery. I am happy to say that I had the stitches out this morning, and I am more than happy with the results. I still have a ways to go, but I can see improvement and can envision how they will look a month from now. I still have some swelling, but the natural shape of my eyes are no longer hidden by the extra skin.
Orlando Plastic Surgeon

I spent some time reviewing surgeons on this website and went to a couple of practices. Dr, Joseph was extremely professional and treated me with respect. He had good reviews, and I trusted him. He was was extremely nice on the day of the surgery, especially considering he had been in surgery that went hours overtime immediately before and reassured me would have no problem doing my surgery. The mind can wander when you are in pre-op for hours.... as in.., what am I doing? Again, he was very professional and reassuring. His staff is also very professional and friendly. Having the stitches out was painless. I would recommend his practice to anyone considering plastic surgery.