44 Years Old, Areola Scar Revision - Winnipeg, MB

After having 3 children by the age of 30, I was...

After having 3 children by the age of 30, I was unhappy with the deflated appearance of my breasts. I always had an hourglass figure (full C to D breasts) and here I was only 30, very athletic but embarrassed about my breasts when naked with my husband. I ended up having a breast lift and a mini tummy tuck. I didn't want larger breasts, so at first I was adamant to not have breast implants. I never wanted the extra attention one gets from large breasts, it was more about trying to fix what felt like a cruel and sudden deformity that no healthy lifestyle could fix. The surgeon made circular scars around the areola to tighten the skin. As he felt I didn't need the full lollipop lift and the scars associated. Two years passed and I ended up getting implants after all! In hindsight I should have done this to start with but i just didnt know that the mini lift would really not be enough to correct my deflated breasts- but now at this point the surgeon said he should put the implants in using existing scars around my nipples. It's been 9 or 10 years now with my implants and I'm very happy with them- I can't recall the size but they are mentor cohesive gel high profile. I had enough natural breast tissue so my breasts I think look and feel quite natural. Just not natural for someone who breastfed 3 babies! In fact the first time my new husband and I were intimate, he told me later that he thought they were real but couldn't believe how nice they looked and felt! I suppose the dim lighting concealed my scars! The nagging issue I have is the scarring around my areolas which I've been self conscious about this whole time. On the left side it's way worse. I had a hematoma after the implant surgery and had to get rushed back and operated on and cut open so I wonder if that's why the one side has been worse. So 2 months ago, I went in to Dr Turner and asked if there was anything he could do and he said he could cut out the scars and hopefully I'd have better results, especially since there's no healing of breast implants this time and the weight that occurs and stresses the scars. It's been almost 4 weeks since the surgery and so far it's been an easy process. I'm hopeful that the scars will be way better once I heal completely. When Dr Turner saw me before the surgery he said he'd not only cut out the scars, but also tighten the skin again - another mini lift - bonus?!

Each day the healing improves approves appearance

Three weeks since the surgery, and the puckering continues to smooth out, around the areolas. I have no more pain. I haven't exercised yet, as per the doctor's orders. I'm getting a little impatient on that front as I fee like all this laying around has caused me to gain a few pounds.

3 weeks post-surgery

pre surgery

Pre-surgery pictures

Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Dr Turner is a real gentleman and professional. Dara, his assistant is eager to answer questions and is very helpful and kind. I can't imagine a better experience. Only thing that is a bit of a negative perhaps is that the operation wasn't at a private medical center so being at a hospital there's less privacy. However, that being said, my operation must have been partly covered by insurance or ?? Because my total bill was under $800 - and I was put under general anesthesia at a hospital. The surgery was an hour and a half so how could it be so inexpensive?! I was in shock but did not ask further questions or and was thrilled. So if this was at a private medical center I imagine it would have cost more but I don't know for sure.