Can't Wait! - Wichita, KS

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I didn't think I was going to share my rhinoplasty...

I didn't think I was going to share my rhinoplasty experience on here, but looking and reading others posts has helped me so much, I thought it would only be fair!
I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow for rhinoplasty. I wasn't really going to tell anyone I was getting it done, but I am too excited and started sharing more and more.
I have to admit, I am a little worried about others judgement, but it is for me, so who cares. Everyone I've told has said such nice things and I can tell they are excited for me too:)

I am hoping for results like this!

I just LOVE the results in this before and after I googled. I am hoping for something like this!

9 days away!

Yesterday I was thinking and started getting anxious and a little scared for the after part of surgery. I'm just nervous for what it will look like afterwards. It is just hard for me to imagine looking any other way than it does now. I trust that my surgeon is going to do a great job. I know he knows his stuff and is going to make my outcome look natural. I just worry that it will still be too big for my face, or what if it looks small, but then doesn't look right on my face?! But then I called and talked to my boyfriend and he reassured me that it will look great. That's why I love him. He was the first person I actually even told I wanted to have it done. At first he thought I was not serious or maybe I was "testing" him I think, lol. He said I should never do that cause he loves me just the way I am and thinks I'm so beautiful. But I explained to him that I didn't like it and some of the issues it causes in my life. It is like the "elephant in the room" as I heard some one else on here refer to it as. I know many are sensitive to my feelings and would never say anything about it. I know how some times they don't want to say anything about noses lol. But trust me, I know it doesn't look right and even ugly, as I have heard from the mouths of many children even as an adult. It still hurts my feelings, because I know it's true, but I'm so glad I won't have to hear that anymore. I'm glad he has been very supportive of my decision.

Home or is Surgery

So surgery went amazing. Everything was so good, from the IV to the nurses. I feel so lucky! I don't have any pain and don't think I'll even need to pain medicine. I am drinking lots of water though and it keeps making have to go to the bathroom. My upper lip was still numb feeling but it almost back to full feeling. Here's some pics so I am about about 4 or 5 hours post surgery ???? Oh and I can breathe through my nose, no problem! I thought I wouldn't be able to do that it is fine and feel feel great.

Day after surgery

Still feeling fine. I can breathe through my nose easily, but kinda feels stuffy. Still drinking lots of water. Haven't had anymore bleeding so not wearing the gauze to catch bleeding. My face is swollen, but don't think it's too bad. Left the house a couple times today to run errands. Feeling really good about everything. So far so good!

Day 4 update

Today I braved getting out the house again. I needed to get some of the ocean nasal spray to try to clean up my nose. I had just been using the bactraicin and my nose was so clogged and crusty with black dried blood! It helped a lot and I don't look nearly as gross! I have gobbed the bactraicin on heavy all over like my dr had told me, but at least now it's not all black and disgusting.
I think my swelling is going down more today, too.

Getting nervous

All is good. No problems and breathing feels pretty much normal. I'm ready to get this cast off though... 2 and a half more days! I didn't have a computer image of what it will look like, like I see a lot of others have. I know my surgeon makes it look natural. I think my nose will still be prominent, but the hump is going to be gone. My tip was very prominent to begin with and I had told him I wish it wasn't. He thought the tip was nice. He even took pics of it to show me while in surgery. I know anything will be an improvement to what I had before :). I made cookies today, took my son to baseball practice, and braved the grocery store by myself. I feel like people are starring at me, but I know that's probably just me. I was bored so made myself some "progress photos", lol.

10 days post

Had so much going on in my family. So have been crying heavy and having to trave quite a bit. Couldn't really enjoy my "reveal", but now am able to breathe and relax. I love my results so far. They are amazing and my dr was amazing. I would recommend him to anyone interested. He does a great job. I had pretty much no bruising and had zero pain... not even a headache.
I was around a lot of family in the hospital visiting an ill family member and not one person noticed just a day after my cast was off! My sister even said she couldn't notice, so I had to send her some before and now photos so she could see, lol. It looks like me :) it looks like my nose, just better.