Dr. Conrad Wichita, KS - Sientra Textured Round Silicone

I have been wanting a breast augmentation for many...

I have been wanting a breast augmentation for many years now. Ever since puberty hit and my boobs decided they didn't want to grow along with the rest of my body. After meeting with one surgeon I knew he wasn't a good fit for me. I then met Dr. Conrad & knew he was it. I just had my breast augmentation done this morning, but couldn't wait to give him a rave review. I found Dr. Conrad on this site, so I hope my review helps others in the Wichita area. I went with the Sientra round texture silicone implant (355cc) My before stats are bra- 36 A, height 5'4, weight 140 pounds. I will have more after photos and updates to share as I go along, but for starters, here are a couple of photos.

Day 2

Still feeling just as sore as day 1, but luckily the anesthesia has worn off and I am not nearly as dizzy, nauseous and faint. Doctor has me taking 800 mg ibuprofen 3X daily and doing over the head exercises to loosen the pec muscles for the next 5 days. I slept pretty well last night despite the pain, but looking forward to the finished outcome! Here is additional picture I took last night before heading out to dinner - doctors orders! :)

Day 4

Back to work today after the long weekend. Feeling pretty good! Still riding high, some numbness, swelling, tingling and burning sensations going on, but according to the Dr. all is normal and to be expected. I am still taking 800mg ibuprofen 3x per day which is helping keep the pain at bay. I'm not having any trouble sleeping and the arm exercises are getting easier every day. I am able to wash, blow dry & style my hair no problem. I am feeling my left muscle contract around the implant when I use my left arm for anything, but the nurse I spoke with today said that is normal too. Muscle spasms have also been coming and going which is a weird sensation and a little alarming at first until the nurse calmed my nerves about that as well. So far so good & loving them more every day! Here are some pics from day 4.

1 week post op update

I am late posting my 1 week update, but I had my 1 week post op visit last week and all is well. Minimal swelling & no bruising. I'm off the 800mg ibuprofen 3x per day, and just taking a couple as needed, but for the most part I haven't needed any. The pain subsided after a few days. Now it's more of intermittent discomfort with all of the different sensations going on, which according to the nurse, is a very normal part of the process. Loving how they look so far! Except the last couple of days I have been second guessing the size thinking I should have gone bigger. Truly, I think it's just because I have gotten used to the size since I actually have boobs now. I really do love them and think they really balance out my body making me look more proportionate. :)

Photos are the morning of surgery vs. 1 week post op.

2 weeks post op

Today marks 2 weeks post op. Feeling great! Still experiencing some weird sensations in my breasts, but still no pain. The best way to describe the sensations I'm feeling is by comparing it to when you have the flu and your body aches, and with that, the hair on your body feels sensitive to the touch. Whether it's the hair on your head, your legs, or your arms. That's what it feels like. Not painful, just slightly annoying! It probably doesn't help that I'm super aware of it too. Oh well, all worth it :) My first round of steristrips are starting to peel off, so I plan to replace those today. The surgical bra is incredibly annoying/itchy, and the other compression type front zip sports bra tends to loosen up by the end of the day so I need to find a solution to the bra situation, but other than that all is good. See the doctor again in 4 weeks for scar treatment regimen.

Photos taken this AM at 2 weeks post op. Full view & bra view.

2 weeks post op pics

Pics didn't upload with post.

These were taken this AM at 2 weeks post op. Full view and bra view.
Wichita Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Conrad is kind, knowledgeable, and an expert in his field. I would highly recommend him to any and everyone. His specific pre-op and post-op routines tell you all you need to know. He cares about his patients and takes pride in the outcome of the procedure. He wants to make sure YOU are happy and he does so professionally and seamlessly. He took the time to answer all of my questions in our pre-op visit. His bedside manner was top notch and his staff are just as accommodating and kind. I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Conrad and his team. If you're looking for a plastic surgeon in the Wichita area, look no further.