Arm Lift Surgery at 4 Weeks - Whitefish, MT

5'3 I20lbs. 46 yrs Week 1: Arms are sore, can't...

5'3 I20lbs. 46 yrs Week 1: Arms are sore, can't lift much, little arm mobility. Can't put arms over your head. Swollen and scars look bad. Week 2: Much better, can wash hair in shower easily now. Sore still, but gonna make it! Week 3: Arms starting to take shape! Swelling down, scar lines straighter.

Arm Lift Surgery at 4 Weeks

Week 4: I feel great and have full movement. Still a week or two out until I can start running again. Today I put Scar Away silicone sheets on my scars. As I have to wear the compression sleeves two more weeks, it's not a big deal to have them on under the sleeves. I cut them into smaller strips. The scar treatment says it takes 4-6 weeks, so we'll see what we end up with! The compression sleeves were tight the first couple weeks and are now a little loose. That's all from swelling. I'm a bruiser and now the bruising is almost all gone. The area where my scars are feel kind of numb, but that goes away with time. I never experienced any actual pain and the last pain killer I took was at 7am the morning after surgery. They were tender and sore the first week and got better every week, but never painful and I never had to take so much as an aspirin. I've heard you heal faster if you don't take pain meds, so it was always my goal to not take them, so that may have something to do with it.

Compression Sleeves

I didn't love the compression sleeves the first week- I had to have help getting them on, they were tight and I wasn't used to having that contraption on me.

It did get better by week 2 and by week 3 I actually preferred having them on. Now at week 4, I can easily get them on and off by unhooking it or just pulling it over my head. I barely notice it now and no-one even noticed I ever had it on. It just looks like you have a little sports shirt on under your shirt. When I wear black shirts, it's very discreet.

Arm Lift Surgery, 5 Weeks

At exactly 5 weeks. There's a little dry skin and some scaling, otherwise they'd look a bit better! I have full movement and the arms feel good. Just a tiny bit tender in some spots. There's a little bit of bunching as I'm swollen a bit. But that will completely go away. One more week in compression sleeves and I'm done!! I did wear Scar Away sheets the whole entire week, pretty much 24/7

6 Weeks

There's still a little tightness and my arms still have some numbness along the scars, but am at 100% in terms of activities and back to life! My surgeon said that at 12 weeks all of the swelling should be gone and the arms will be looking really good.

Three Month Mark! Actually, 13 weeks.

My surgeon said that at this point I'd pretty much know what my arms are going to look like. The scars will continue to fade and look better and better as the months go by.

There is just a little numbness along the scars and they can be just a bit tender at times, but they really don't bother me at all.

I'm very happy to have had this done and it's been well worth it for me. I can wear summer dresses and tanks without being self conscious and trying to hide my jiggling arms. My jackets and shirts fit perfectly now. I'm going to start working with weights and it will be exciting to see results instead of the results being hidden by hanging skin!

Arms back to normal!

Taken on July 4th
Montana Plastic Surgeon

She's excellent. I knew she would be as I know people who have gone to her. Surgery assistants and anesthesia administrator also top notch.