Ruined my face - White Plains, NY

Hi All, I had my surgery on May 28th. I was shit...

Hi All, I had my surgery on May 28th. I was shit scared before and wasn't even sure if I needed a surgery or not. Finally I prayed for the best and took the plunge anyway.

I don't like my side profile very much. When I see myself sideways I feel it isn't me at all. My front is not bad and sometimes it is even stunning in pictures. I couldn't say that my nose was all to blame but there were definitely flaws that could be improved. When I went to see Dr C on May 20th, he pointed out everything that was wrong without me even saying a word. That impressed me. What more! he even noticed my height and told me a small nose wouldn't suit me. RealSelf made me more confident in my decision. I hadn't much time at hand so booked my surgery date quickly.

I took arnica pills, ate healthy, Vitamin C and Multivitamins daily before surgery. The actual surgery was a breeze, the staff was nice. The anesthesiologist was sweet. Things went good and we came back. I had no bruise which I was most concerned about. The toughest were the first 3 days post surgery. It became unbearable to breathe through the nose. Sleeping while half-sitting was terrible since I have a habit of sleeping on my stomach (I know it's not too good). The next four days were easy comparatively.

Finally, the day came when I got my cast removed. There was a slight bruise on my right eye. The bridge between my eyes was swollen which made me look like a different person. I was scared to go to work with a different face but I couldn't help it as I took only 7 days off work. Swelling went down quite a bit mid-afternoon today june 5th. I am happy with my results and can't wait to see how the final result will turn out. My only worry is asymmetrical healing of the swelling based on what I read from other people. So far so good! Dr C gives a very good profile! I had asked him to be conservative. It is better to be under and over. He knew my concerns without compromising with the results.

Satisfied with the results

It has been more than 2 weeks now and I am really happy with the results. No complications or bleeding. I love my new nose!!

Open roof deformity frontal

It has been post 11 months and my nose has an open roof deformity evident in all pictures. Not at all happy anymore and regret not going to a top notch doctor. My advice to everyone is choose your doctor carefully. While Dr C didn't brush me off, he didn't do my case very well leaving my nose deformed.

After picture shows asymmetry, caved in from one side, tip looks horrible

1 year post

I feel very weak in my nose that it takes away my feeling of well being. Every moment my attention goes to my nose. I wake up daily with a stuffy nose on the right and feel like the entire nose is off to the right. I haven't felt good from day 1 of surgery but thought it was only a healing period. Now the nose is weaker. The bones are dispositioned like I met an accident. My nose never bent from one side to another before but now the entire lower third can be bent from one side to another. Smiling makes me conscious of my nose (it used to be my asset). It gives me a sense of being extremely weak. I cannot stop crying when I think about how I will endure this for the rest of my life.

Crooked nose after

inverted "V" and tilted tip

Revision Update

Hi All,

I wanted to update everyone on my story. I've since had my revision surgery with Dr Frankel and let me say that he's truly the best!! Not only did he correct all my deformities, but he gave me a nose better than even my original one and one that I'm so happy to have. I can breathe better and look better than ever before. Thank you so much Dr Frankel!
White Plains Plastic Surgeon