Glandular Tissue Removal - White Plains, NY

I want to emphasize here that the procedure itself...

I want to emphasize here that the procedure itself was absolutely the easiest part of the whole process. The most difficult? The suspense beforehand, and the recovery afterwards. I ended up developing seromas under both nipples that required several aspirations. They fluid finally stopped building up, but now I've developed internal scar tissue on one side that has replaced the glandular tissue. The good news is, it doesn't appear that the scar tissue has much of a noticeable effect on the overall appearance of my chest. I saw my chest immediately after the procedure and it looked great - with the scar tissue, its not far off from what I saw then. Once the scar tissue dissipates, I'm confident I'll look exactly how I want to.
New York Plastic Surgeon

I want to preface this by acknowledging that Dr. Blau is most certainly a skilled surgeon with a seemingly perfect record. My results are more or less in line with what I was expecting, save for the minor post-op complications I experienced which were outside of the doctor's control. What was really shocking to me (and I'm frankly surprised that others haven't mentioned this) was Dr. Blau's total lack of bedside manners. When I researched Dr. Blau, I couldn't find a single negative review and was excited going into my consultation. But when I got there, the doctor seemed VERY distracted...he kept taking calls and, at one point, even asked me to step outside of his office halfway through the consultation. I went ahead with the surgery anyway based on his reputation and the overwhelmingly positive reviews I found online, thinking this was a fluke and that the calls must have been important. But after visiting him post-op, the same level of inattentiveness persisted. When I went in to have my seromas drained, I felt rushed every single time. He NEVER asked me if I had any questions or concerns; instead, I had to keep squeezing in questions, and his responses never had an ounce of depth to them...I don't want to say they were dismissive... just very, very brief. His office is always packed, and it just seems like a factory at this point - he's cranking these surgeries out almost every day. I understand that this is a business, but if I had one suggestion for the good doctor, it would be to focus on quality of care, not quantity...he can afford to slow down on the bookings a bit, especially with the prices he charging. Having said all of that, I am hesitant to unequivocally recommend folks to Dr. Blau. While he's a nice guy with a strong track record, he's just getting...old. He's almost robotic in how he goes about these surgeries, and it seems that he's forgotten just how important, serious and life-changing this operation is for the patient because the procedure has become so routine for him. While my surgery luckily turned out okay, I'm left wondering if his lack of focus and attention will eventually carry over to his surgical performance.