23 Years Old Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty- White Plains, NY

Hello RealSelf, Just like everyone else here I...

Hello RealSelf,
Just like everyone else here I never liked my nose. I dont hate it but i really dislike my profile especially when youre looking at it from the left, so my right side. I have done a LOT of research on the tri state area for good surgeons and I have decided to have a consultation with dr.ciardullo on June 1st. I am very impressed with the before and afters of many people here that have had the surgery with him. I just hope i like him and i feel comfortable enough to have the surgery with him. I would appreciate any advice you have for the consultation or any questions your reccomend me to ask him, btw i want to shave down my bump and refine my tip. I will post pics and experience etc.

Profile :/

Profile :/

Consultation

I had my consultation with Dr. C yesterday. Before I even said anything about my nose he told me what he thought needed change and of course he was on point. He said he would shave my bump refine the tip until he realized i have a deviated septum.. I knew i had little breathing problems i just never thought it was that bad. Anyway I really liked the doctor, he was very professional and honest, he told me things that could go wrong with my nose and what he would do about it. I am definitely scheduling the surgery with him very soon.

Booked my surgery

I booked my surgery for july 16. What do you guys recommend me to take beforehand to help with swelling and bruising?!!

All Done!

Hi guys,
So i had my surgery on thursday. The doctor said everything went beautiful. Im excited to take my cast off but it wont happen till monday the 27. As far as recovery goes, im on day 4 post op. I havent really swelled or bruised that much (thank God). However i feel pressure on my nose and face, i also have headaches and am kind of warm but i guess that's understandable. The cast can get itchy at times. I only tried to clean my nose once because theres a lot of dry blood but i dont know why im too scared to do it. I used hydrogen peroxide and q tips. I bought a nasal spray to clean the inside but im terrified to try it yet. I feel its to soon to clean the inside but i will call Dr.C on Monday. Anyway, i will post pics probably 2 weeks post op or so. Please let me know if you guys have any tips on cleaning the nose. And also did you continue to take vitamin C and arnica tablets after surgery as well?!
Thanks :)

11 days post op pictures

I took my cast off yesterday, and i was in absolute shock in a good way lol. Dr. Ciardulo has met and exceeded my expectations in so many levels. So so happy i went with him

Before/after comparison

More pics!!

Day 12 vs day 19

23 days post op

I havent really done written updates because I think pictures speak for themselves lol, but everything seems to be healing fine. I use the saline spray religiously. It helps a lot. I have tries to blow my nose lightly but it still hurts when i touch it. Which is why i barely do, i still use q-tips to clean it. I also still sleep with my head elevated up, im actually kind of used to it at this point but i think i should slowly go back to sleeping normal. Thats all i can think of right now :)

2 months update

Hi everyone,
I am now a little past 2 months since my surgery. Honestly i feel like my nose has changed a little since the cast removal. Somedays I really like my nose somedays it looks really swollen. Ny nose is definitelyyy a huge improvement from what it was before which i am veryy happy about. The tip is hard still and my ps said it will get narrower as swelling goes down. I hope im not being paranoid but i dont want my nose to change anymore lol besides swelling to subside. Did any if you guys see any positive changes from a couple months post op to later on?

Someone had asked for a front view

White Plains Plastic Surgeon