Cheek Mole Removal - St Helens, Merseyside

After years of debating whether or not to have a...

After years of debating whether or not to have a large raised 1cm mole removed from my left cheek I finally plucked up the courage to have it done.
I knew it would leave a scar but I didn't mind as I was fed up with it being a brown lump that Stuck out. It made me self conscious, I felt like people stared at it and although everyone told me it was part of me I hated it.
Here's my pics for those who are thinking of having this done. I've been warned it will look worse before it looks better ????

Day 1- at its worst as expected

The area was sore overnight but not too bad. It's swollen this morning, I've taken a pic with the plaster off so you can see it at its worst. Sutures are due out on day six ????

Day 6 post suture removal

On day three the swelling was worse and my GP started me on a course of antibiotics. On day four and five blood stained pus oozed from the wound. On day six I returned to hospital due to the infection. The area had calmed and the sutures were removed. The small opened areas have been closed with steristrips which I must wear for another 5 days. I'll keep you updated.

Day 14

Small area still hasn't closed yet so I'm still using steristrips. Im so glad I've had it done. With a bit of make up it'll be great.

Three weeks post surgery

3 months later without make up

Update at 6 months

This is a close up without make up
Mr Hassan Shaaban

Mr Zahid Hassan was Excellent, lovely nature and informative.