My Laser Removal Story - Wheeling, WV

I considered laser removal for years on a tattoo...

I considered laser removal for years on a tattoo on my upper arm which I regretted getting about one year after I had it done. I was apprehensive of laser removal for many reasons: cost, pain, questionable effectiveness, etc. Recently a local spa/salon was offering a promotion for a free session for anyone in my profession. I decided to go for a consultation and found they used The Quanta Q-Plus C device. The technician told me she would actually give me 3 free sessions, since 1 was unlikely to make much of a difference. After speaking with her and doing my research, I decided to go for it.

The first session was very painful. Only black was targeted for this session. My arm stung like a sunburn x's 10. After about an hour or 2 the pain subsided some. It was painful to the touch for several days or longer. A couple days after, the swelling began. It went all the way down my forearm. I felt like I had club arm. This lasted a couple days. Then slowly the pain went away and everything felt normal again. I noticed significant fading, much more than I had expected.

The second session was very painful, no worse or less than the first. This session we did black again and also did the color. For this session I brought my boyfriend to hold my hand (for me to squeeze his lol) and that actually helped for me. This time my arm blistered in the colored areas (purple, red). The blisters were manageable and subsided after a few days, leaving scabs. Eventually it all healed just fine. Only a small amount of upper arm swelling with this session. Noticeable fading.

For my third session, we again did the black and the color. Pain was the same. Aftercare was much easier. Very very minimal blistering and swelling. Noticeable fading, perhaps a little less than previous sessions.

For my fourth session, again we did black and color. Pain was the same. Aftercare seemed to be a breeze. No swelling or blistering. Just some initial stinging (like a sunburn) and slight pain for a couple days. Noticeable fading, again perhaps less drastic than the initial sessions.

After my fourth session I went to my tattoo artist and asked about a cover up. He suggested one final laser session, which I have coming up in about 3 weeks. I will update with final laser comparison pictures as well as my cover up pictures (first session in April!)

5th Q-Switch session

Pics from about 8 weeks after my 5th and final Q-Switch. Start my cover up next week!