32F I Wanted Something That Would Be Less Hassle, Low Maintenance, Permanent, and Smoother Than Filler - Wexford, PA

I've had Restalyne in my lips for about 8 months. ...

I've had Restalyne in my lips for about 8 months. My body burns through it really quickly, and while I loved the plump look, it was aggravating having to get it done every 2 months. Kristi, who works at Premier Plastic Surgery, suggested implants, so I spoke with Dr Heil about lip implants and felt confident that THIS is exactly what I wanted. I also spoke with Zak, who does my Botox, (and did my lips) and he said I would be a great candidate for the implants. I've been thinking about it for 10 years, so this was not a hasty decision. I wanted the largest size in both upper and lower, but Dr. Heil convinced me (and was right) that it would look more natural with a slightly smaller implant on top. He made an incision at both corners of my mouth and placed them that way. Stitches were removed a week after surgery. Everyone at Premier Plastic Surgery was great. I was super comfortable through out everything. I was WELL prepared and I knew exactly what to expect. The night of the surgery was the worst pain wise, but not even terrible, maybe a 6/10. The prescribed pain killers were more than enough to quiet that. Honestly, I was REALLY hard to not laugh at myself that night, because, well, it was pretty funny. The most annoying part was icing. All in all it was an easy surgery. Highly recommend to anyone that has ever thought about it. Dr. Heil explained everything, multiple times, and was very patient with me. I am 100% POSITIVE I made the right decision. For the 20th time, I LOVE them.

Last updated by klausmouse on April 5, 2016

2 weeks post procedure. Still swollen, but it's not obvious and it goes down a little each day. I still LOVE them.

3 weeks out

Still swollen, but no one notices anymore. I've gotten A LOT of compliments on them which is great! They are flexible now, and almost feel like they are mine? If that makes any sense. I would say I have about 90% of feeling back. Which is huge from immediately post procedure. It was never painful, just kind of pleasantly numb.
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Everyone at Premier Plastic Surgery was great. I was SUPER nervous, and everyone was so nice and comforting. They seriously put me at ease. Dr Heil, Zak, Kristi, all of the nurses, the surgical techs, the anesthesiologist, just pretty much everyone was great. I was under general anesthesia for about 1/2 hour. They were all EXTREMELY patient with me. Answered all of my questions, even the ones I asked repeatedly. Made sure I was comfortable and healing nicely. They were just all so nice and sweet and it really made me POSITIVE I was making the right decision. I have received more compliments on them than I can count. I am SO SO happy I did this! I HIGHLY recommend getting this done for anyone who is sick of filler, and wants a smoother look. Dr. Heil placed them in the perfect spots for the exact look I wanted. I couldn't be happier!