Have Waited 35 Years for This Day!

I found out last year I had an umbilical hernia...

I found out last year I had an umbilical hernia that needed to be repaired. I decided to do the tummy tuck too, since I was going to be off work about the same amount of time anyway. So I'm prepping for surgery and the plastic surgeon is drawing his lines on my body and says to me "you have a groin hernia". I'm like no way. I thought they were going to cancel the surgery. 5 mins later he comes back with my doctor who is fixing the umbilical hernia and another surgeon who will fix the groin hernia laparoscopically! So now I have 3 doctors involved! Surgery was 3.5 hours and a complete success. Pain has been really nasty because of the groin hernia, but it's getting easier to get up and move around now 6 days post op.

Forgot to post pictures.

Nov 22, 2016
Surgery day.

Day 1

Day 1 Post Op

Day 2 - Happy Thanksgiving Nov 24, 2016

Still in hospital. Pain is under control with a pain pump. It's really great because you don't have to wait for them to get around to giving you the drugs. The groin hernia repair is the most painful part of my body. The TT is numb.

Day 3 - Going Home! Nov 25, 2016

Was able to wash myself in shower. God that felt good! Started getting grumbling sounds in my tummy????????.
I coughed today and thought I was going to DIE! The nurse said to hold a pillow across your tummy. It was even worse, whatever you do, don't hold a pillow across your tummy lying down. If you have to cough....drink water or anything to stop the cough reflex and get out of bed and into a chair ASAP!!! If you brace yourself in the chair and slowly try to clear your throat, you can bring up the phlegm easily without The searing pain!!!
The ride home was bumpy. Bring a pillow to sit on and one to hold over your tummy. The seatbelt will fit nicely over the pillow.
If you have a high clearance vehicle bring a stool. This made it much easier to get into the truck.

Day 4 Nov 26, 2016

Saw myself in the mirror first time since TT. ????

Day 6 - 1st Post Op Appointment Nov 28, 2016

Saw Dr. Newman today. He was very happy with my progress. I have some fluid building up in my groin area, so must start wearing a Faja. Got a compression wrap from the doctor until my Faja comes on Wednesday. Was in a lot of pain again tonight. Felt like a step backwards. ????

Day 8 - On the Flat Side!! Nov 30, 2016

Now able to get up and down without that searing pain in my groin.
Can't believe I'm on the flat side now!!!
By the way, those little folded gauze squares taped to my hip really help keep pressure off my drains when I put on my compression wrap.

Day 9 Dec 1, 2016

Got my Faja today! I feel like a sausage in it. Can't wait for the swelling to go down.

Day 10 - 2nd Post Op Visit

Saw Dr Newman again today and got one drain out! Yippie.
Got ok to wear Faja, so stuffed myself into it and as soon as I had the last hook fastened I had to go to the bathroom. It has a zip trap door, but I only have one to wear and didn't want to chance it. Down came all those hooks and when I got to the bathroom it was only GAS!! :-/
So, needless to say I'm getting really good at these hooks.
It feels really nice when I have it on. Kind of a safe feeling. It's hard to explain.
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon