54 Year Old Female 5'1" 230 Lbs- but Not for Long! - Westchester medical center - New York

I started this new adventure by going to a seminar...

I started this new adventure by going to a seminar with my Husband in January this year and after seeing a lot of doctors I was cleared yesterday for sleeve surgery. My surgery is scheduled for April 28 2014. Very excited for this new phase in life! I have a wonderful family who is very supportive and I have beautiful grandchildren who I want to see grow up. It's time for me to take care of myself so I can be around for everyone else.

Two weeks to go!

Tomorrow I am having my "before" pictures taken. I hate having my picture taken but I may need them to remind me where I started!

Support Group Meeting

I went to my second support group,meeting tonight and everyone is so supportive! We had a Zumba class-and I Actually did it! 12 days and counting til my surgery!

Before pic

December 2013

Clear liquids today!

Surgery is tomorrow ! Today I am on clear liquids. For some reason I slept until 11 am so I slept away half the day. I will be drinking decaf unsweetened iced tea and I know I can make it thru the day knowing that my new birthdate is tomorrow! I will post as soon as I am able.

First night home!

Last night was my first night in my own bed. I slept for almost 9 hours straight! Feels so good. So far today I took one half of my pain medicine, my regular daily prescriptions and my morning multi vitamin. Sipping water. I will be making my protein shake soon and divide it up into my three meals today. My daughter and one year old grandson are coming to visit so I am looking forward to seeing them then I will probably take a nap,when they leave. Don't want to overdo it. So far, so good.

First full day home!

Feeling pretty good today. Took half doses of pain meds and the shake is staying down nicely. Drank only about 20 oz fluid so far but it will get better each day. So glad I did this!

5 days post op

Ok. I am feeling good except for one incision that is still pretty sore.m in have an annoying dry cough that wakes me up at night so I am a bit tired. And now I am bored! I want to go for a walk but I have to wait for my husband to come hime from work.m nit sure I should go by myself. I really don't like sitting around but I guess that is what is in the cards today.

Tomorrow my children are coming to visit. I am looking forward to that and maybe I will weigh in while they are here.

Two week post op doctors visit

I saw my doctor today and I am down to 214.5. Down 17 lbs. He has moved me to stage two diet so now I can have cottage cheese, ricotta, tuna, retried beans, etc. I think I will love this stage! He has taken me off two of my medications and my blood pressure was 107/71. I am so happy!

Five weeks post surgery

Weight loss has stalled! Very frustrated!
Dr. Kaul

I love him. Honest and caring! He has a wonderful team who all genuinely care about their patients. They even gave me cell phone numbers so that I can have a question answered 24/7.