Awesome Arm Lift (Beautiful Brachioplasty) - Perth, AU

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

As a 62 year old teacher I was very conscious of...

As a 62 year old teacher I was very conscious of my flabby arms. Even under a sleeve you could still see them jiggle. I had lost a considerable amount of weight but there was still bulk in my arms so clothes didn't fit properly. I was referred to Dr Guy Watts who performed the procedure for me. I had my first consultation with Dr Watts in March, just a few weeks before I went to the UK and Europe for a month. At that first visit we set a date for the first Wednesday in July (first week of school holidays). I had the procedure performed at Wembley Day Surgery. I did get to stay overnight. The staff were very professional and extremely caring. One staff member was very upset that she couldn't get me a gluten free meal (I am a Coeliac) and could only give me a gluten free sandwich.
I did need my husband to help me dress and undress. I forgot how important arms were and it does help if you are able to rest and be pampered. For the first two weeks I needed help with washing my hair because I couldn’t raise my arms.
I am now four weeks post procedure. My scars are healing nicely. The scars are in a position that's hard to notice unless you really go looking. I am wearing a compression vest which I need to do for the first three months. I now feel strange without one. It only comes off for a shower.
My experience was so positive, there was little pain only some discomfort, tightness and a bit of swelling. I can now wear rings on my fingers so that is a good measure of my progress.
My arms do get heavy at the end of the day, but I am a teacher and I do have an hour's drive each way to school. It is to be expected. I do rest when I get home.
Would I do it again if I had to ? Yes
Would I recommend the procedure to someone else who needed it? Yes
Would I consider other procedures, having had the first one? Yes

Five weeks on

I can now wear my watch comfortably. My scars are fading.

Dr Guy Watts performed my procedure on July 6. It was a lengthy procedure, lasting over three hours. I am a perfectionist and I recognised that trait straight away in Dr Watts. A few weeks before my surgery my consultation with Dr Watts involved going through the procedure and what to expect post surgery. I need to have a Plan B for what might happen and Dr Watts explained all the Plan Bs. He also provided me with information that I would later refer to, so that I knew my healing process was within normal parameters. This information proved invaluable. The night before my surgery I went to Dr Watt's rooms where he drew on my arms and marked out where the incisions etc would occur. Doing it the night before provided time and the opportunity to not have distractions. Dr Watts spoke to me right after surgery while I was in recovery. I do remember that. Everything had gone as planned. He visited with me again later that day and again the following morning. My husband was given Dr Watts phone contact to call if we had any concerns. I went home. The following day I went home (I live two and a half hours from the city on a farm). I had a phone call from Dr Watts that day checking to ensure I was okay. I messaged him back that I was. My mobile reception is not great where I live. I had another phone call two days later. Again I messaged back that I was fine. I was. Later that day I noticed that there was a lot more seepage on my right arm. More than I expected. My husband took a couple of phots, sent them to Dr Watts and he was right back with what to do. The following day while following Dr Watts instructions to change the dressing my husband was concerned so a couple more pics to Dr Watts. He had a phone conversation with my husband, organised for a script to be faxed to our local chemist, and would you believe there were no more leaks after that. My first chec-up was a week post procedure. All was good. My second was the following week after we had removed the dressings in the shower. Again, all was good. I needed no tape. The incision had healed so nicely. I have been gently rubbing Vaseline along my scar line for the past two weeks as per instructions and will start silicone gel massage tomorrow. Dr Watts and his team have been outstanding. Sue, in the office, has helped me out so much. Ashe (Dr Watt’s wife) dropped of a bag of goodies for me right after my procedure at Wembley Day Surgery for a special patient (me) who should have special treatment. That was such a lovely gesture. I have never had a surgeon call me at home after a procedure. I have never had the care and attention I received from Dr Watts. I would refer anyone who wants a highly professional, caring surgeon who will achieve excellent results and who will answer your questions if he hasn't already covered it in the information he provides. He is extremely thorough. My husband is now going through the process of setting up for an abdominal body lift. Thank you Dr Guy, Ashe and Sue.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful