Tertiary Revision Rhinoplasty - From Horrible to Hot. West Orange, NJ

I have a story to tell, and it hasn’t been easy....

I have a story to tell, and it hasn’t been easy. The past 3 years have been a very hard journey for me physically, mentally, and spiritually. In 2010 I met with a plastic surgeon in Greenville, Delaware. I originally went to see him as I wanted some minor liposuction from a car accident I had that left water in my knees. I also always had a bump in my nose that bothered me so I asked him if he could fix it. He quoted me $2k for it and I was happy with that price. If you don’t know Delaware doesn’t have sales tax so surgeries there are cheaper. I was so excited for my surgery I remember saving photos of what I thought my nose would look like to give to the doctor.
Fast forward to the date of surgery, April 2011, the doctor went in and did his damage. I now after three attempts call him a butcher, but let me get to that. My nose was always very swollen, he did an open nose procedure, and after 6 months it just didn’t heal right. I kept calling and asking and taking photos, and he said it would change shape. For a year I taped my nose and nothing changed. He told me to do this by the way. Than a little over a year later he felt bad and offered me a revision surgery free of cost quoting that I had very thick skin. It wasn’t my skin that was the problem it was his lack of skill that damaged my nose. I had fallen into a depression and my once perky and happy self I was gone. I would not take photos anymore, I would avoid them at all costs, and I actually took down mirrors in my home. I was deformed. Droopy tip, huge bulbous appearance, people called me big nose, gonzo, anteater, and always asked me if I could smell things from far away. Think bullying only happens with kids and teenagers? Think again, many 30 and 40 year old adults are straight up rude and hurtful. Anyhow, desperate, I agreed to the revision.
By me calling him a butcher comes in two parts. One that the revision was done locally, with me awake and in his office and two because I got to see exactly what he did to my nose as Dr. Joseph took photos of the inside of my nose when he literally saved my nose and my face. My previous surgeon had left me with stitches looped around, he was a sloppy surgeon, a liar, and a cheat.
When I contacted the Delaware surgeon for the last time I sent him Dr. Joseph’s price and revision cost. He said that my nose was very messed up and I rightfully asked for my money back. He didn’t reply to my emails so I sent a certified letter with a time stamp on it, did you know that serves as a suit? His secretary called me back and within two weeks I had gotten my money back.
However, I’m here to tell my story of how I met Dr. Joseph and how he is truly an artist with hands kissed by God. His demeanor, bedside manner, and perfection to detail are worth every penny, sweat, and tear that I have shed. Now you can trust me, there were THOUSANDS of those shed.
Dr. Joseph is by far the most wonderful person I've ever met. His profession is suited to him perfectly as he is an artist, an amazing person. He has a heart of gold and is one of the kindest people I have ever met. I am lucky to have him in my life. Dr. Joseph not only changed me on the outside but also on the inside. His heart is so warm, you feel an inner peace and happiness just while being in his company. There's no price tag for that, I am forever in his debt.

I was not paid or asked to do this review, all thoughts and pictures are my own. I have spent years of anguish, anxiety and depression with the below pictures and my story. My advice to you is for you to do your homework, and if you are from the East Coast, go to Dr. Joseph. Just GO.

5 months post op

I still have a ton of swelling, but every day I notice it going down. Couldn't be happier. Doctor suggest 2 years for full and final look

Updated Review Post Op One Year!

So it has been one full year since my surgery. I'd like to add I'm still incredibly swollen and my tip is hard. My doctor reassures me that another 6 months until it settles. I tape my nose some nights b/c do feel it does droop slightly. The tape is removed in the morning and then my nose swells up again. This is a good sign b/c it means the result is not yet permanent. I should also mention that I moved to the desert from NJ. I now live in AZ and it's HOT. This most likely adds to my swelling. I am pleased and want to continue to see changes, hopes this helps all of you. :)
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon