42, 5'6", 120lb. A cup. Got 375 HP silicone under the muscle on 1/15/15

34a. Looking to get more proportionate and rock a...

34a. Looking to get more proportionate and rock a bikini on the beach. Longing to wear sports bras without looking flat chested. Final pre op consult is Jan 2. So far planning for under the muscle, silicone, high profile, and around 350cc. I've been wanting implants for some time but never had the nerve to do it. This site is a wealth of information!

Had my GYN appointment today!

I was so nervous to tell my GYN for fear she would be negative to try to talk me out of it. She was very supportive and thinks my "head is on straight" and that I'm "doing it for the right reasons". Said very fee of her patients actually regret their BA surgery. I'm seeing my PS on Jan 2 for final pre op and sizing discussion. He had originally said silicone gel, smooth, high profile with goal volume of 300,325 or 350. Now I think I may want to go bigger. Don't want to regret not going big enough! Getting excited and obsessed!

Updating some pre pics. Side views

Here are some side views of my pre shots.

Rice sizers in my bra, and butterflies in my stomach!

Sooooo tonight I went to Walmart and bought a few bras. A Hanes, a nobo, and a Genie Zip. The Genie Zip is too tight so that's going back. I also bought panty-hose to make rice sizers. I have a kitchen scale already so filling with the correct cc's was exact and a piece of cake! I made 300s and 325s. My hubby said the 325s looked way too big so I stuck with the 300s. I know some PS say that the rice sizers are totally inaccurate. Is that true? Did anyone else use them? I'm now getting nervous as heck.

Final Pre-op appointment moved up!

My PS office called today to change my final pre-op appointment to a sooner date and time! I'm so excited because I am learning so much from this site, that I have tons more questions than I did on my initial consult. I also found out that he used Mentor brand.

Wish pics. Final pre-op appointment in 12 days!

The nurse from my PS office is so good! She emailed with some answers to my questions: ( I wanted to know what brand: Mentor) and my measurements). She said to email some wish pics ahead of the appointment so the PS can view them ahead of time. So here are some I plan to email to their office. Based on our conversation at initial consult: I'm thinking of 300-325 HP mentor silicone under the muscle.

Exactly one month pre-op!

Ok so my BA is pretty much ALL I can think about these days. Even at work Immso distracted daydreaming. And at night in constantly on this site reading people's stories and looking at sizes. One whole month from today I will have my new boobs! Wednesday is my pre-op blood work. Praying it's all normal.

Pre-op blood work and EKG today! One step closer

So I had my pre-op labs today. Next week I see the doctor to get medical clearance. AND most importantly- I see my PS for our final pre-op consult. I'm defiantly liking pics of 300-325cc HP silicone so plan to firm up those details. I know he will use sizers in the OR and ultimately he will make the final decision in the OR - he will actually sit me up while I'm still out cold and see how the different sizes look. He will decide based on our discussion, my wish pics, and his artistic opinion. Yes- my PS is actually an artist in addition to being a PS. ;)

Final Pre-Op appointment. Wow!!!!

So my husband and I went to meet with my PS this evening. It went great. I signed my life away, paid my final monies due and discussed sizing again. He examined me agaiin and pointed out things I really never realized- such as asymmetry, chest width and breast bone definition. He expLained that he never, ever makes a woman pick a size since there are so many intricate details that go into picking Thr right size and that really needs to be up to the surgeon and based on so very many factors: especially the footprint of the chest and the measurements. He will bring 3 different sizes of "sizers" into the OR with him, sit me up on the table and decide what looks best aesthetically. He knows:- from our discussion and pictures I brought in- how I would like to look. And he will decide on size. Im so glad he isn't making me choose. I'm not a plastic surgeon- so how could i possibly make that choice!? There are so many factors that go into picking a size and I don't have the knowledge base to decide. As soon as I tried to talk cc's, he kinda cut me off and explained what I just said above. So where I said 300cc he said that would be way too small to achieve the look i am going for. Said he will bring 325, 350, and 375 cc sizers into the OR and decide while in the OR. He also said NO massaging and NO ice. He places the implants where they need to be and no major dropping will need to occur. He does not place them high up by the collar bone. That's a change from so many others stories I read!? I was happy about that. There will be a dressing in place for 24 hours. The next day I will see him in the office and be places me in a bra with chest strap. I also got all my scripts today and will get them filled next week: Keflex antibiotic, Valium muscle relaxant, Percocet pain med, antivert and scopalamine for nausea. They also gave me the time I need to show up at the surgery center. It was a great visit and I learned a lot. Now the major countdown occurs.

Bra eating washing machines and creepy boob dreams!

So my washer ate my favorite push up bra and literally ripped it in half. Not balky I would be upset. But I take this as a sign! I won't be needing it much longer anyway!!! My hubby and I got a kick out of this. The creepy boob dreams last night included an implant falling out onto the driveway and a scaly dinosaur type rash all over my chest so I couldn't show anyone my cleavage. Oy veh!

Bra eating washing machine pic post.

12 days away. Picked up scripts today!

It's getting close. I picked up my scripts today from Wal-mart pharmacy. $43. Thank goodness for insurance! Scripts are: valium, scopalamine, antivert, Percocet, Keflex antibiotic . Still have not told anyone except my hubby. My kids don't know, my employees, my dad and sister: nada. No one. And I am a blabber mouth typically. Keeping my mouth shut on this one. It's my private business. They will figure it out when we have them over to swim in our pool this summer most likely. I guess I don't want to be judged. This is out of character for me. I'm typically totally organic, I eat a vegan diet, I'm a work it fitness fanatic. I'm a runner. Im into health and wellness. So to put an foreign substance into my body is not normal for me. 10 years ago I would have said you were nuts if you predicted i would have implants done. And now in just 12 days I'll have a new rack! I'm still worried that 375 will be wayyyyu too big. Especially since I don't want people to knoW. I don't want it to be totally obvious. Only if I'm in certain clothes. Im all over the place here. Thanks for reading and listening!

9 days to go! More itty bitty titty pictures.....

Today my doctor finally sent my medical clearance to the PS after me nagging them. Annoying for sure. I am so distracted at work and trying to keep my focus at work. Not easy. But working until the very last day before my surgery and trying to make lots of $$. I have to pay my employees even if I'm not making money. Being off for a week will be a hit. But I will manage. I'm going back to work on post op day 9. Praying for no complications. I had a fashion show for my phone after work tonight and I have included a few last small boob pictures!

6 days to go. Some last pics with my ultra passed bra and chicken cutlets in place.

I have been so excited. And then I read the news article about Melissa Gilbert removing her implants. And of course it makes me wonder of I'm doing the right thing. And the reasons why I'm doing this..... But as the song goes "shake it off". I'm still going thru with it. I snapped some pics this morning of how I look with my ultra padded VS bra and chicken cutlets. Hoping my outcome is similar to this. Don't eant to be huge huge huge.

2 days to go!!!!! Major prepping underway!

I'm a planner. And when I'm nervous, I even get a little OCD. So my anxiety comes out as planning and prepping. I'm getting lots of stuff ready- clothes that I will wear, making and freezing meals, etc. My husband and I eat a vegan diet and the kids don't so I'm making double meals- ours and theirs so the hubby has stuff to feed the kids, but also healthy things for me to eat to help with my recovery. I have all my meds ready. I got bio oil and also some laxatives as I hear the narcoticd are killer on the intestines. I got a great wedge pillow on brookstone and ordered a bedside table from Amazon. I'm in te medical field so my days of working in a hospital have come back to me. A bedside table is extremely helpful to have. I've got my bendy straws, prune juice and Gatorade too. Wow. Looks like I'm all set. I'm working today and tomorrow and I'm due at the surgical center at 10:15am on Jan 15. Here are some pics of my prepping!

Last night with small boobies. It's tomorrow!

I got out of work early today and prepped a ton of meals. Got my hair colored and cut and ran some last minute errands. Washed my sheets and prepped my bed. Hydrated like crazy yesterday and today. And juiced carrots, beets, Apple, kale. Drank 24 oz of that liquid gold as my mom used to call it. The surgical center nurse called to confirm everything and what time to be there. Reminded me nothing to eat or drink after midnight so I had a very late dinner. Taking meclizine before bed which I'm hoping will help me sleep. Took two last small boob pictures tonight with a $4.96 size large nobo bra from Walmart. Whew! Cannot believe that tomorrow is the day!!!! I am eerily calm. Not nervous. Excited and at peace with my decision to go thru with this. No second thoughts.

Today's the day! This is it! So excited!

We made it to the surgery center and filled out a ton of paperwork. First I changed into a gown. They started my IV and took my vitals. Confirmed I wasn't pregnant with a urine pregnancy test. Now waiting for my PS to finish the case before me and he will come and mark me up. This sh!t's getting real now folks! My surgery is scheduled for 35 minutes from now! See you all on the other side!

Markings done. T minus 10 minutes

Markings done. Anesthesiologist visited. It's time!!

It's done and I made it to the other side. I'm home!

So today went well. They brought me back to the surgical suite. And one of my very favorite songs was playing. (The Joker by Steve Miller Band). I was like whaaaaa? That's a sign! The PS said. "Well I asked you while I was marking you what song you wanted and you said you were too nervous to pick, so I picked one for you". As they were strapping me down and hooking up wires, I told him how I went to a Steve Miller concert and actually caught a guitar pick at the concert. So it had special meaning! He said he is a bit psychic with picking te perfect son for the person but also the perfect sized implant. We chuckled. Then the anesthesiologist put the nasty smelling mask over my face. I listened to the joker song and looked at the bright ceiling lights and that was it. Out. Then the next thing i remember is waking up in recovery feeling like someone strapped a super super super tight belt around my chest which was holding 2 bricks over my small boobs. I got some zofran for nausea , then I ate lots of graham crackers and drank juice to rehydrate. I peed. (A must before they let you go). There was no actual incisional pain. Only the very tight pressure feeling with is NO JOKE ladies. So prep yourselves! They gave me one Percocet before we left. Surgery was 1.5 hours and we were out of there by 3:15. The ride home was actually fine. No need for any pillows that we brought. I ate a Greek yogurt and drank Gatorade on the way home. My PS pushes high protein after surgery. (80-100 grams) to help with healing. We got home and my 11 & 5 yr olds were already off
The bus. I hadn't told them so I acted cheery and awake even though I'm tired. Rather than going up to bed, I helped with homework and am now on the couch. They asked why my zip hoodie was bulky. I said because a hurt my rib, went to the doctor and they out an ace wrap on me. Said they gave me Valium for the rib muscles being tight. ( good cover, huh?!!!!) and they bought it! Now I am on the couch. Feet up. I took arnica at 5, and g Valium, along with 3 extra strength Tylenol at 5:30. My PS said that since the discomfort is with tightness and rift muscles, many don't need too much Percocet and tingles to avoid constipation if you can stick tomtylenol and Valium. So insole try that. Overall things went wayyyyuu better than I thought for the day of
Surgery! About to eat some
Lentils potatoes and green beans now that I made yesterday. Hoping to have a great night. My PS uses a huge thick dressing for first day. Tomorrow he will remove it and use surgical bra. So I habent had a look yet. Can't wait to see them! I did stick a finger down thet and I felt cleavage! Woot! Can someone look at my mentor card and tell me if I got 350 or 375??????

Pics of surgery day - didn't load well.

Night of surgery- PS called me personally to check on me

My PS just called. Soooooo nice. Verified that He used 375cc. I told him how well I am doing ! And how shocked I was. He said everything went terrific. He gave me tips on using the pain meds and different combos to try. Said use the Percocet tonight. And tomorrow can do 1/2 Percocet and 1 Tylenol and can take 5mg valium of muscles tight and sore also. I'm seeing him tomorrow morning.

Post -op day 1: the big reveal! 375 cc under muscle HP silicone

Last night was better than I thought. I sleep sitting up with my wedge pillow which was a godsend. Had a pillow under my legs. Needed hubby to help me out of bed to pee and pull my pants up. Set an alarm for 12am for Percocet and antibiotic. Got up at 5:45. Freshened up and even put on some make up. I went R downstairs business as usual with the kids- and tried to act happy and normal even though I was so tired. My husband did most of the work getting them breakfast etc. The kids didn't realize anything was amiss. Once we put them on the bus, we went and saw the PS . He removed my bandages. Put me in a surgical bra and strap. Explained that my one nipple was lower before surgery so it will take time to even out. The size is- well- big. Almost too big but overall I am fine with it. 375cc. HP silicone under muscle. Just took 2 Tylenol and will try not to take percocet. Constipation is real folks! Took 2 senna last nights, ate prunes, took 2 senna this morning and nuttin'. So just now I took miralax. Here are some pics from
Today!!!

Post op day 2! Feeling great and evening out.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. In the evening I took Miralax and prune juice because of all the horror stories I had heard about other women not pooping for days after surgery. Well let's just say it worked. Too well! I had a good clean out and my stomach rumbled all night. I took Tylenol and Valium at 9pm and nothing for pain since then. Woke up at 12:30am to take antibiotic. This morning my husband and I got up early before the kids and attempted a shower. I was excited to be free from the dreaded death trap strap. The strap must be worn 23 hrs a day to keep the implants down in their pockets. My boobs look even better today! And are evening out more! We wrapped the girls in Saran wrap so as not to get the steri strips wet. (It didn't work - the steri strips got wet- so we dried them with a hairdryer). Felt so good to shower! Next task was what to wear. Again- trying to act normal and not make my kids wonder what's up. (They are 13, 11, and 5 and have caught me looking at boobs on my phone and are all suspicious- mostly the older 2). I didn't want to wear too many zip up hoodies so today I managed to get a tank over my head and put a button up shirt over it. The left boob is numb, but the right nipple isnt. Good news for my tune in Tokyo husband! Lol. I will try to not take any pain meds today. It's not really pain I'm having- just stiffness, toghtness, pressure, soreness. I can manage that. So overall post op day 2 has started out quite well!!!

Day 3 post-op . Boobs be like whaaaaaaa?

I have read that day 3 can be one if the hardest- physically and mentally. For me- the pressure tight feeling is as strong as it was after surgery. Not really pain- just holy swollen boobs. It's almost as if my boobs finally realize that someone shoved 375cc if silicone inside those tiny little suckers and they are not happy about having to stretch. I'm also super tired and wiped today. Made breakfast for my kids and was totally spent after that. Took a long nap after that. Mentally I love love love them. But in used to being a mover and a shaker so I'm trying tow rap my head around slowing down, laying around, listening to my body. I had some asymmetry pre surgery with my right nipple laying lower than my left. And after surgery it's more pronounced. Waiting for them to even out. Some mild improvement noted from yesterday already. The strap works people- so if your PS says to wear it- then wear the darn thing! Had to out gauze under my arms where it's cutting to to me. My PS drew lines on the surgical bra so I woild know how freakin high up I'm supposed to wear it. I didn't have the energy to shows today so I took a PTA bath standing in tr bathroom. A PTA bath is a term is nurses use when we give a patient a quickie bath of the most important parts. (It stands for pu$$y, tits, and armpits). Update on my kids not finding out: thumbs up there. They still have no clue. I'm hiding it well. Acting cheery and said I have a stomach bug with "poopy loopy" lol. And need to rest. They are buying it. Today I'm wearing a baggy zip up hoodie. My hubby is awesome for taking care of me. bringing me food and all that. He is in charge of the meds. Even though I have major tight swelling feelings today. I have not had meds since 3:30am. (Took 1/2 of one percocet and one extra strength Tylenol). My advice for day 3: listen to your body. Rest. Don't overdo it. Eat healthy so your body can use nutrition to heal. I had freshly juiced carrot juice today, lemon tumeric tea, ( for swelling), quinoa, a fresh orange, and lots of water. Nice lazy day today!!!

Post op day 4. Recovery continues....

Not much change in my nipple asymmetry but I love the shape and size so far! They are big! Thank God he didn't go any bigger. This is perfect because I can still hide under clothes if needed. When the swelling goes does they will be perfect. My husband is scared of them. Lol. Scared to touch them for fear he will mess them up somehow. My left nipple is numb and most of the left boob. We went to the movies today. And during the movie I had sharp pains in the left nipple- a sure sign that it's probably starting to wake up. I see this as a good sign. I showered today. Got the steri strips wet. Oops! And dried them with a hair drier. I managed to get a turtleneck on! Yay! And that hides the death strap nicely. Kids still don't know and I'm doing a darn good job
Of keeping it from them. ( 13,11, &5) So worr a really loose sweater over the turtleneck. Being careful of how much I do. And hubby is covering well. Helping out a lot. Needing minimal pain meds. There is still a good amount. Of tightness and discomfort but I would rather deal with it than drug myself up with percocet and get all kinds of constipated. Lol. Arnica, 1/2 percocet, and 500mg Tylenol work just fine. Back hurts today too but it's par for the course. Overall day 4 was a pretty good day!

Post op day 5. Fashion show! OMG: I have big BOOBS!!

post op day 5. 42 yrs old. 120 lbs. 5 ft 6 inches, 375 HP silicone unders. Today was "business as usual" getting my kids ready for school. I even dressed in my work clothes and pretended I was going to work. I put on a happy face even though I was having some discomfort. As soon as they went off to school, I had a fashion show for my hubby. Today is his last day home from work to take care of me. Can I just say- OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE BIG BOOBS!!!! I'm in love with them and soooo excited for summer! I took lots of pics today. Recovery wise- I slept flat last night but still on my back. Im a stomach sleeper so I'm surprised I'm sleeping as well as I am. I definitely did too much yesterday and even went to the movies so I was wiped out. The hubby is making me stay in bed and rest today until the kids get home from school. No pain meds so far today but still super tight, pressure, and feels like gravity pulling them down. I could use a percocet but prefer to stay away. Going to watch tv, read, and snooze in bed today. :)

Happy Birthday to me! And Post op day 6!

Post op day 6 today and it also happens to be my 43rd birthday today! Feeling pretty good but still sore and tight. Back muscles bothering me a lot today and yesterday probably because i have been too active. Need to listen to my body better. I ran errands for 3 hours this mornjng after I sent the kids off to school. I felt hot and dizzy while shopping and thought I might faint. Once I came home I took a 2 hour nap and felt much better when I work up. Mornjng boob is very uncomfortable to say the least. The only way I can describe morning boob is that yor boobs have been laying flat all night and when you stand up, Gravity pulls them down and ouch! It's killing me to not be able to work out so I put on my workout clothes just to see how I look with my new additions. Yay! I finally can fill out a sports bra! Not bad for 43! This had been a birthday to remember!

Recovering well and love my new 375's! 11 days post-op

I've had a good week. I'm back to work. I am doing laundry, but not carrying the basket. I vacuumed yesterday. (Ouch- needed to take it easy!). Doing the dishes, and reaching above my head. No exercise still. The first 7 days really are the hardest. And then things get much easier. I saw my PS on day 8 post op. He thought things looked good but I am still swollen and need to even out still- which with my asymmetry- could take more time. Will see the full final result at about 6 months. I can now put my arms over my head. I can now sleep on my side. (No way- it is wayyyyu too uncomfortable!). I have not needed anything for pain in days but I can now take Advil and resume vitamins etc. He said I can stop wearing the dreaded torture strap. I still need to wear their surgical bra 24-7. I can remove the steri strips at 2 weeks post op and finally get the incisions wet and take a real shower which will be great! Overall I love them- but they are a bit in the big side. ( I got 375cc HP silicone under muscle). The nurse said when the swelling goes down they will look more natural and not so "va va va voom". I hope so! So far, no one seems to have blinked an eye when they see me in clothes- my kids, sister, after and co-workers. I look very much the same as when I wore my ultra padded VS bra. Only now- there is zero padding! It's all me in my surgical bra. Summer will be a different story. Not sure I can hide these in a bikini!! For those of you following my story- and how I've hidden the entire surgery from my 3 kids: they are still clueless. I'm careful not to let them see me naked. But I really was able to recovery without them ever knowing I was doen and out. I had to do a lot of acting and pretending i was cheery and great when I was really tired and sore those first few days, but it was all worth it! I just told my husband last night thst I miss having him take care of me like he did the first few days post op. I'm so glad with my decision and glad I had this done! I feel so sexy and my sex drive is crazy. We actually did the deed the other night. Well trying to be on top didn't work out so well. Did ya know you need to use your chest muscles a lot to get on top??? Ouch. Brought me to tears. So missionary is the way to go for your first time. My hubby and I are like teenagers again and both in love with my sexy bod. He can't stop looking at them and squeezing them. And i find i feel the same!!! Who knew a Set of boobs could spice up the sex life so much!!!!

2 weeks post op

2 weeks post op today. Steri strips are off and sutures are trimmed. I took a real shower today and it was great. I slept on my side for around 45 minutes last night. Damn. Uncomfortable and the implants felt squished. So moved to my back again. Still feeling some mild discomfort with certain arm movements and carrying certain things. A good sign to listen to your body. I need to bring bras to my 3 week post op appointment and I seriously have NO TIME to go to the mall so I ordered some bras online from VS and Nordstroms. I can always return what doesn't fit. My PS likes to be sure that the bras for well and don't dig in, squish the implants or affect anything dropping. Holy expensive! I spent so much money on new bras!! Yikes! I also got a va va va voom new sexy piece of lingerie to wear for my hubby on Valentine's Day. Liking forward to being able to start running again. But right now I couldn't even imagine trying to do a push up, a pull up or chest exercises. Wow that would hurt!!! I can't believe its been 2 weeks since my surgery! It does go so fast. I'm getting used to them. The rice sizers are sooooooo off base. No wonder my PS said he is against them. I never should have used them. They looked huge as 325 rice. But yet 375 true implant wasn't all that big. All the rice sizers did was scare me that 375 would be way too big. Cause unnecessary stress and anxiety. Next time I would listen to my PS, skip the rice sizers, and trust his recommendation of size.

3 weeks post op. Back to running and lots of bra shopping!

I had my 3 week post op visit with my PS. He said things are looking great! I can get out of the surgical bra and wear normal bras. I brought three with me to try on so he could be sure nothing was digging in or pushing against the implants where it shouldn't be. 34D. Holy cow! He found that I have some fibrous scar tissue beneath the incisions. ( they looked like mondors cords to me but he said they are NOT). He said that's why I have been having discomfort where my bra band sits. I thought the bra was too tight but he said its from this fibrous stuff. He manually released and broke up some of these fibers. I stretched my hands over my head and he put his hand on my ribs and pulled down. I actually felt some of them snap. It was so bizarre. He wants me to
continue the massage/ manual release. I bought the biocorneum and scar sheets to start using on my incisions. (Which are lumpy and bumpy by the way- and he says ok and normal). Next we discussed exercise. I can go for it! Anything I want EXCEPT isolated chest exercises, push ups and pull ups. I can sleep on my side but not my stomach. He wants me to sleep in a light sports bra or just a tank top that has a shelf bra. Why? Because when laying on your back, the implants can fall off to the side (laterally). And can distort the pocket over time. It was a great visit. I will go back in 4 months. If the fibrous bands ( that look like mondors cords, but aren't) don't totsly go away, I am to go back in 2 weeks for another manual release. Today I went to the gym for the first time since before surgery. I did a 5 mile walk/ run. It felt- well odd. A pulling, tension, tightness sensation. Not pain but just odd. It didn't stop me though! I finished! After the gym and a nice shower, it was off to the mall for more bras! I will post pics below. Overall I'm mostly back to normal. Except for sleep. Still feels odd to sleep on my side. No stomach sleeping per PS. And will start my regular exercise (weights) tomorrow morning. Can't wait! The hubby and I are going to South Beach in two months and I need to be bikini ready! He cannot keep his hands off of me and loves to look at them and squeeze them. I am sooo happy with my outcome. I love them! They are the perfect size! Not too big and not too small. No boob greed here! I only regret that I didn't do this sooner!

3 weeks post op update.

3 week post op pictures and new bras!

Shopping spree at Victoria's Secret and Bloomingdales. Beautiful new bras! 34D and one is a 32DD ( in VS the sister size to 32DD is 34D - they end up being basically the same size)

1 month post op! Loving my new additions - and finally feeling like a part of me.

Back to exercising again, and running. No isolated chest exercises. The running is slow and not at my usual pace, but I'm coming along. Doesn't feel that 'odd' any longer to run. Able to sleep on side but not stomach. I still have the fibrous cords under my incisions. Doing stretching and massage but they are still there. I will make an appointment to have my PS do a manual release soon! I'm so so so so happy with my decision. Love the size, and regret that I did not have this done 15 years ago! I feel so confident in my fitness gear, in tight shirts and well I just CANNOT wait for summer! need to buy some new bikinis that I can rock on the beach this summer. Wohoo! My kids still haven't found out and I'm being careful not to let them see me naked. I'm sure in the summer my kids, friends and family may start asking questions when they see me in a bikini. I will just tell them it's a super great bikini! And how great the technology is to be able design good ' add 2 cups' types of bikinis these days. Ha ha.
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

I first had exposure to Dr Spiros work around 15 years ago when I was working with breast cancer patients who were going thru breast reconstructive surgery. The Oncologist I worked for would often comment on what an artist Dr Spiro was and would tell our patients that they were in great hands for their reconstructive surgery. Fast forward around 15 years later when I found myself considering BA surgery. I knew just who to call. Dr Spiro answered all of my questions and spent plenty of time with me. I liked that he had years of expertise, and was not just a run of the mill PS. In order to reconstruct a post mastectomy breast, it requires a heck of a lot more skill than just shoving an implant in. So I wanted someone with far more skill and experience. When I went to his office, I see all of this art work on the walls- gorgeous paintings and drawings. And whamo! I finally understood what my old boss was referring to when he said that Dr Spiro was a "true artist". Those were HIS paintings and art work on the wall! He is an artist in every sense of the word. So his sense of symmetry, and his way at looking at the body is different than most since he looks at things with an artists eye. He noted things in my exam and measurements that I had never ever noticed on my own body- and I've been in this body for 42 years! His surgical skills are second to none. He is a perfectionist which I love, and very particular with his outcomes. He is professional and makes me feel at ease and confident. His office staff made the entire process smooth and simple and their responsiveness to questions was perfect. I'm so pleased with my decision to choose Dr Spiro as my surgeon. As a health care professional myself, I feel I have a strong set of criteria that one must meet before I let them operate on me, and Dr Spiro passed the test hands down! 20 stars.