39 Yrs Old Removing 3 Yr Old 350cc Silicone Implants No Lift - Wesley Chapel, FL

Hello everyone! I am in the process of having my 3...

Hello everyone! I am in the process of having my 3 year old silicone high profile implants removed. They are in a subglandular position.

In December I started to be able to feel a piece of my implant poking through my tissue very close underneath my skin. At first it just felt like a bubble and my original ps said my tissue had just thinned and nothing to worry about. I told him it really bothers me and he suggested that I just get used to it because they still look great. I was having pain and also afraid to work out, have sex or bounce at all for fear that it would get worse.

Fast forward a few weeks and it starts to feel different and even worse. It is easier to feel now and when I'm laying down it feels like a sharp, hard line. I decided to explant with no replacement or lift so that I don't have to worry about it any more.

I went for 3 consultations and the first left me angry and upset (he said I have to replace or lift because I will be hideous and that I should think of my husband and not be selfish). The second was very nice and thorough and said he would do explant only or explant and lift but he really wanted to do a lift. The third, Dr. Albear, was so kind and understanding and the first to do a thorough exam. He agreed with me that something doesn't feel right and said the implant may be folded or broken. He put me at ease and suggested that we take them out and see how it heals in 6 months. He said I'm young, not a large implant and they've only been in for 3 years so they will probably bounce back pretty nicely.

I signed up for the removal that day and did my pre-op bloodwork today. Now just to wait for Feb. 12th!

One more week!

The nerves were beginning to set in and I had a few questions so I gave Dr. Albear's office a call. His amazing nurse Jeri called me right back even though she was off from work yesterday. She was so sweet and answered all of my questions. She also told me that now that we are a week away from surgery I will probably have all kinds of questions and to call any time and she'll get right back to me.

The surgery center also called this morning and went over all of the details and the representative was super helpful and even put me on hold to go verify a medication question with the anesthesiologist and came right back with an answer.

I am so thankful to be going through this with such caring people. It is a blessing and makes this scary process so much easier.

They're out!

Had the surgery this morning and everything went fine. Dr. Albear is wonderful. I'm in a post surgery bra right now that I can't remove until Sunday so I will post pics then. I feel great about my decision. It's hard to tell in this bra but I'm feeling optimistic about how they will look and either way I know it was the right thing to do. I feel so much lighter already and like I'm myself again if that makes sense. I'm slightly nauseous from the anesthesia but other than that I feel good. I'm not taking any pain meds and there is pain but it's is bearable.

Finally shower time!

I got to take off the compression bra and take a shower for the first time since Friday. It felt so good! I'm pretty happy with how my breasts look for 2 days out from surgery. I know it could have been much worse for all that I've put them through. I'm feeling great - still no pain meds and no regrets about my decision to explant.

Day 3 pics

One week post

I'm feeling good and I feel like they are starting to firm up some but I'm sure they still have some chafing to do. I managed to work Tuesday - Friday and I'll try to rest this weekend.

2 week update

It's been two weeks since my explant surgery. My breasts feel firmer now and more like they did before BA. They have filled in a bit on the top I think - they look less concave from the sides at any rate. I'm thankful every day for being on the other side of this removal.

One month post explant!

I am so happy I made this decision! I feel so great and love how my body feels again. My breasts feel soft and warm and everything is easier - sleeping, exercising, less neck and shoulder pain.

2.5 months later

Quick update - Around 6 weeks I noticed my breasts starting firm up and tighten up pretty significantly. They just continue to look and feel more and more like they did before I ever had surgery. I am thrilled with my decision and the outcome and hope that my posts give strength and hope to other women in this situation. Take care!
Dr. Albear

Dr. Albear and his staff are wonderful and I am so happy I found him. I would recommend him to everyone. He is so kind and genuine and really listens. His nurse, Jeri, is just as wonderful and so great about answering any questions you might have.