Restylane to Cure Tired Appearance, 34 Years - Wellesley, MA

Genetics, low body fat, diet and exercise have all...

Genetics, low body fat, diet and exercise have all taken a toll on my face. Over the past few years, concerned friends and relatives have been commenting on how tired I look...even when I get a full night's rest. I spent years perfecting my makeup skills, but concealer cannot fill a hollow. And I had a deep hollows cutting across my face under my eyes in my tear trough area, as well as flattened cheeks. In a leap of faith, I sought medical help.

I researched physicians with impeccable credentials and I am so grateful and happy that I found Dr. Mitesh Kapadia MD, PhD. His impeccable credentials come with impeccable skill and an artful eye. My before and after photos speak for themselves. I had two treatments with Dr. Kapadia. The first was Restylane injected into the tear troughs and high in the cheeks. The second treatment was Restylane Lyft injected into the cheeks. My whole appearance has softened. I no longer look like I am old and tired. I look like a younger, more refreshed version of myself.

I highly recommend seeking treatment from Dr. Kapadia if you feel like you can benefit from fillers. He is informative, has a pleasant bedside manner, and does lovely work. He addressed my concerns regarding safety, and he put me at ease. I trust him. That, I believe is the number one quality to look for in a physician. The process from contemplation to action was not easy. My hope is that my review can help other people who are on the fence about undergoing a procedure with fillers.

Larger pictures

I noticed the collage I posted it very small, so I am attempting to post larger pics.

Restylane Lyft for additional cheek projection

After several months, I decided to return to Dr. Kapadia for another treatment with Restylane Lyft for additional cheek projection. I wanted to enhance the cheeks slowly by adding small amounts of volume to be as subtle as possible while achieving maximal cheek fullness. Again, the procedure was a success. The discomfort and swelling was minimal and I had no bruising at all. Dr. Kapadia was conservative in his approach. He recognized that I still had a lot of volume from the previous treatments and told me that he was only comfortable injecting one more vial because my face is thin and he didn't want me to look unnatural or puffy. He pulled up my original pictures to show me what I looked like on the first day we met and cautioned against additional product. I trusted his judgment and I'm glad that I did. As you can see from the after pictures, I have slightly more projection and the amount of fullness that I was going for. After my very first treatment, I have not had anyone comment on my "tired appearance" or gently suggest that I might need to sleep more. I am comfortable leaving my house wearing only chapstick and minimal makeup. I am no longer self conscious about my appearance or trying to cover up dark hollow circles. In fact, I'm more self confident. I spend significantly less time looking in the mirror and more time working towards my other goals personally and professionally.

Looking younger

Every week, I get comments about how I don't look my age. Volume loss in the face, whether it's hollowness in the tear troughs or flattened cheeks are aging. I originally got fillers so that I wouldn't look tired, but I'm pleasantly surprised and happy that fillers have the added benefit of making me look younger :)
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon