There is Improvement in Appearance, but Not Completely So (Yet) -- Juvederm Ultra - Wellesley, MA

I saw Dr Kapadia on March 31st for the first time....

I saw Dr Kapadia on March 31st for the first time. I went to see him because I was concerned with my bruising and swelling from the previous procedure. In my previous procedure I got 1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus by Dr Bentkover. Apart from bruising/swelling and immediately visible irregularity, my upper lip got more than my bottom. I absolutely didn't like that.

After he reassured me that all seems fine, I booked another appointment in two weeks. I wanted to fix my top lip, and to add more in my bottom lip.

Unfortunatelly, he wasn't able to fix my top lip just by adding more product. In order to do that, he would need to dissolve it completely, and to start all over. So, I decided to leave it like that for another month when I should be ready for some more product. He added more in my bottom lip instead.

Well... It has been a bumpy ride all over again. I got bruised again... It is happening ONLY on my right side of my face which fascinates me quite a bit. It has been almost 3 weeks since I got injected, and I'm still healing.

Once this review gets approved, I will post my daily progress.

Thanks for reading!

When taking pictures, it is all about that angle. As you can see, my top lip wasn't just bigger, but kinda pushed in front of the bottom one.

Day 1.

So upset over bruising and swelling, but happy with fullness and proportion.

Day 2.

Lump is forming. Sooo depressed...

A week...

Everything was healing at its own pace, but lump was getting bigger. I went to see Dr Kapadia at this point. He said it was inflammation (which turned out to be true), and not the product being injected superficially. He pressed a lump. The lump flatten a little bit right away.

Ever since then, I keep massaging my bottom lip every single day. I get those medical gloves, and I massage them for 10 minutes at least.

> 2 weeks...

Ever since I started massaging them, they got super soft and fluffy. So soft! I really like my bottom lip.

Dr Kapadia has a different technique, and my lips look more "natural". He added more product on the sides. I'm teasing my husband every time I look at his lips because now we have the same shape. :) Btw, he will go to see Dr Kapadia too for nasolabial folds. ;) I might post his pictures too.

Believe or not, I'm still healing... There is a small irregularity on the right side, but it is getting better.

He won't anymore Juvederm. He thinks that I have some strong reaction to it, and he will got with Restylane Silk instead. Let's see how goes that...

Red lipstick and finally some nice weather in Boston!

I like them better now!
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr Kapadia is honest with a great attitude. I find that very important apart from injecting skills. He tells you how it is no matter what. I like his technique, and my bottom lip (for now only bottom) has more natural shape, and it is very soft. Even I experienced extreme swelling and bruising, I like them. I can't wait for him to fix my upper lip. He is very polite and calm. The only down side is that he appears to be so busy. I guess that is good and bad. Donna was supportive and helpful from the beginning. Thank you very much Donna!