Rhinoplasty-26 Years Old - Wayne, NJ

I got a nose job! After many years of wanting one,...

I got a nose job! After many years of wanting one, I finally decided to get a nose job. I decided to write a review for those who are thinking of getting one, or will be getting one. I'd like to tell you some things that I wish I knew before surgery. Many people ask me if it was worth it? And I say, absolutely. However a rhinoplasty is not a walk in the park. I went to only one doctor for consultation and decided to stick with him because I felt comfortable (although I should've went to at least one or two more consultations) . The surgery went well, I was very swollen and bruised for about 2 weeks. Although I was told I only needed one week off, in reality I ended up taking about 8 weekdays off work because I was not healed enough to work, even though I have an office job (some bruising remained for over 10 days). Some things that I would like to bring to your attention is I was constipated from the medication, post surgery and that was more painful than the surgery itself. Please be aware of that and be prepared, since no one in the doctor's office mentioned this to me. Also after the surgery, for about two months I had really dark circles around my eyes ( I usually don't have dark circles). I was told that it's part of the surgery and they will disappear, which they did after 2-3 months. The two weeks after the surgery are a mess, you will have dry throat, not able to breathe from your nose, constipation, and feeling restless. The appointment one week after the surgery was so painful (TAKE A PAINKILLER BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT). I was in the doctor's office, cursing him and begging him to stop as he had to remove the stitches, press my nose and do all these things that were unbearable, especially if you're not on any pain killers). Please give it time to heal, I know you will hear this from the doctors, but really, give yourself and your new nose time to heal. It's a process and don't freak about every little thing because most likely time will heal it all. I was concerned about my nostrils (size and shape), a noise I would make overtime I took a breath, my under eye dark circles, mucus forming, however all these problems were solved with time. Also, be aware of different surgeons, some are more pricey than others (for no reason, such as my doctor) and some doctors may accept your insurance for part of the surgery.
So be patient!!! Overall I am glad I got a nose job, I'm more confident about myself, and I love looking at pics of my self from all different kind of angles. Will be uploading pictures as well.

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Overall Dr. Wise is a good doctor. He makes you feel comfortable, provides you with the information you need and answers your question. He is a bit overpriced, even though I got one estimate for the rhinoplasty, I ended paying an extra $500 for the facility where he performed the surgery because supposedly he went over half hour and somehow that was my responsibility.