So Far So Good - Washington, DC

Realizing I am early in my recovery, I do have a...

Realizing I am early in my recovery, I do have a couple of concerns related to my nostrils and upturned nose. My nostrils don't move and are quite stiff and I am hopeful they will "drop" as the swelling goes down. Prior to my surgery, I spoke with and shared several photos of what I did not want in a nose with my surgeon so I am a little nervous. I am 51-years old and know based on age recovery can be a lot slower -still concerned.

Improving Weekly

My nostrils are loosening...I am hoping they widen a bit and the tip drops.

NOSE Before & After

More Photos

Nose seems to change weekly -seems more swollen.

Week 10

Week 10

4.5 Months Post Op

While I am generally satisfied with my results, the one thing I did not want and discussed with my surgeon is a bulbous tip. Additionally, my new nose feels like a weight some days. When I speak my voice sounds somewhat nasal. Recently I attended a funeral, when I sniffed my nose made a honking sound -wonk wonk. I contacted my surgeon and was directed to take Sudafed (took for 10-days); this helped some but cannot continue to take meds everyday. If anyone else has had similar experiences at this stage I would love to hear from you. Moreover, I am interested in revising my nose to decrease the bulbous tip and narrow the sides around the tip. I have already discussed this with my surgeon and am hoping to get this done in October. Thanks for reading and sharing.

My nose changes almost daily. Swelling has subsided. Starting to Like it.

Pre-Surgical Rendering | Image

It has been 6-months since my surgery. I hope my nose will morph into the pre-surg. image over the next several months.

Nine Month Update