Umbilicoplasty - Waldorf, MD

I'm 18 years old and I've had an outtie belly...

I'm 18 years old and I've had an outtie belly button my whole life. When I was 12 I had my hernia repaired but my belly button was still an outtie. I've been insecure about my body and I looked up ways to make my outtie into an innie. I researched and found a procedure called umbilicoplasty. I found a certified plastic surgeon near me and went for a consultation. He broke down the procedure and told me what had to be done. It was not covered by insurance since my hernia was repaired. So I would have to pay $1500 out of pocket. I decided to go through with the procedure. After two more appointments I scheduled my surgery date. May 6, 2015. I had general anesthesia so I was put completely to sleep. I woke up an hour later with a bandage over my stomach. I didn't feel any pain. It's only been two days since the surgery and only pain I feel is a soreness on my stomach. I had my post surgery appointment today and removed the bandage. I saw my new belly button which is now an innie. It was very swollen and he told me it will look like a normal belly button once the swelling goes down which should be in a month and from there get better with time. I'm extremely happy with my results and I would love to give advice to anyone who had trouble with their belly button. I don't have a picture of my outie but I'm posting my progress throughout time. I'm waiting patiently to see my final result. I highly recommend this surgery to anyone who is insecure about their belly button.

Month later after surgery

Swelling went down, still healing. Tissue is hard
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Fontana was such a nice doctor who loves to see his patients happy. Amazing plastic surgent and I recommend him to everyone considering plastic surgery.