Coolsculpting to Abdomen/34 Y.o Mother of One - Virginia Beach, VA

I first learned about Coolsculpting when I got a...

I first learned about Coolsculpting when I got a promotional e-mail from my plastic surgeon's office (Dr. Thomas Hubbard of Hubbard Plastic Surgery in Virginia Beach). I've had several surgical procedures there with great results, and I see his nurse injector and esthetician regularly for non-surgical treatments and skin care. Needless to say, I trust Dr. Hubbard and his staff and know that the practice is not quick to introduce new products/procedures without first validating clinical efficacy and patient satisfaction. I attended a "CoolEvent" where I and other patients had a chance to learn more about the procedure and have consultations. I decided to have my abdomen done. I am 5'6 and 133 lbs, and my weight has been stable. I had a small fat layer over my upper and lower abdomen that wouldn't respond to diet and exercise, so I figured I'd give it a try. My fat distribution was such that you couldn't really pinch much horizontally, but rather it ran vertically from my lower abdomen to just above my belly button. For this reason, Ali (the esthetician) used smaller applicators positioned vertically to each side of my abdomen. The procedure itself wasn't unpleasant. When the suction started, I felt somewhat uncomfortable and almost breathless...and cold! But that subsided quickly and I was able to relax and read magazines, text, etc. Bruising was minimal. For about 3 weeks after my procedure, I had kind of a numb feeling over the treated area. It wasn't painful though, and I wasn't alarmed, because I'd been given a heads up that that might happen. I have been so happy with the results. The pictures I'm posting show my results at one month post-procedure, and it actually takes 3 months for the full effects to be realized (excuse the silly looking doctor's office paper shorts I'm wearing)! I also referred my sister to the practice, and she's had her upper abdomen and flanks done with incredible results. I definitely recommend this procedure to others who are at their ideal weight and have areas of fat that don't go away despite exercise and diet. I also highly recommend Hubbard Plastic Surgery in Virginia Beach.
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

As I said previously in this review, Dr. Hubbard and the Hubbard Plastic Surgery staff are amazing! Master esthetician Ali performed my Coolsculpting, and she is very knowledgable, thorough, friendly, and caring. She really took time to explain the procedure and what to expect during and after. She answered any questions I had and put me at ease immediately. I actually see her fairly regularly for microdermabrasion and Dermaplaning as well as for my skin care product needs, and my experiences with those have been excellent too. I also see Denise, the nurse injector, for Botox, and of course Dr. Hubbard, who performed my breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and facial fat grafting. I really need to write separate reviews for all that, but suffice it to say that this is the place to go for all your cosmetic needs, surgical or non-invasive.