The Jury is Still Out - Vienna, VA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I just got this done yesterday. My left eye has...

I just got this done yesterday.
My left eye has always had a puffier bag than the right. Although, that made my right eye look more hollow.

My Dr., a very reputable, experienced injector, used a half of a syringe under each eye.
My right eye took more than the right, due to the deeper hollow. But the left eye has my original bag, then a little crease, then the new puffy area created by the Belotero.

The fact that there is this crease between the two puffs concerns me. Since I know my original bag isn't going to get any smaller, it is clear to me that once the new Belotero bag smooths out, I'm going to have a definite crease between the two areas no matter what. At least, I'm pretty sure.
So, I have a bag and then the banana shaped Belotero bag. Not thrilled right now but again, it is only day 2. I'm hoping there is some miraculous transformation that takes place and it looks better very soon.

My doctor advised that we give is 4 weeks for it to settle and so forth. I have a good relationship with her and again, she is fantastic and I know she will fix whatever needs fixing. I'd rather an injector inject on the low side, rather than too much. I'd rather build up than have to take away. Those pictures I've seen a horrific.

On the plus side, because I work from home, I didn't really care about bruising so I didn't bother to follow any of the instructions to avoid bruising. I ingest olive oil and green tea every day. In fact, I probably have four cups of green tea every day. I didn't take any of the recommended supplements prior. I had zero bruising. And I bruise really easily. I do know my Dr. used a cannula so I don't know if that made a difference. I also held a ice bag over each eye, alternating a minute on each for 15 mins directly after the procedure.

Redness at the injection site and swelling at point of entry are unremarkable and easily concealed with make up.
McLean Dermatologic Surgeon