31 Year Old Mom of Two, Massive Weight Loss - Victoria, BC

For starters our cost was $8,000 Canadian but it...

For starters our cost was $8,000 Canadian but it seems I can only post in USD. No biggie! Anyway - I am a mother of two. My oldest is 10 and my youngest will be two in a month. Pregnancy definitely didn't help what happened to my stomach but the real culprit was being overweight my whole life. I maxed out at about 330lbs when my oldest was a baby. My smallest was 135lbs but it was also unhealthy for me because I hardly ate and over exercised.

Since then I've been just about every size, all the way down to a size 2, but even with excessive weight loss and lots of exercise my belly was always an issue. No matter how little I ate or how much exercise I did I always had a sagging stomach. Fast forward to my pre surgery body I would consider myself on the chubby side but I am finally happy with my weight. I just needed to loose the bulge that haunts me from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to sleep at night! I have had just about enough of a stomach that lays on my lap when I sit.

I am only a couple of days post op but it was already worth it. I got to see my belly right after surgery and I was so small and flat! Better than I could have hoped, because at the end of the day all I really want is to find comfort in pants and a tee shirt. I feel like I will surely have that now?

Recovery is tricky because I have interstitial cystitis so I can't exactly rest for long periods of time but I just need to get through it. Thanks to this website I am motivated to get through the recovery.

Anyone out there?

Is there anyone out there right now with an awful amount of discomfort from swelling? I know my TT was very very recent but I didn't know the swelling could be so bad.

I am laying down with my binder open for some relief but it makes me nervous. I can't wait for this to be over.

Definitely on the flat side.

So I am only a few days post op but today it really feels worth it. I woke up way less swollen and was finally able to see what my shape may look like. I am so happy with the results even though I am not near the end of my recovery! So exciting!

When the Dr told me he removed 4 pounds of SKIN I knew that was a lot but now I can really see how much.

Only issue I am having is lack of sleep. I have to get up a lot due to my interstitial cystitis but not much I can do there.

I am tired.

Intersistial cystitis makes it impossible to sleep for more than an hour or so at a time. I worry that getting up frequently will mess up my incision somehow. It probably won't but wow... I am tired. I normally don't sleep well with my condition but not sleeping while healing is awful. It is also painful to get up and down so much.

My poor husband is wiped out.

On the plus side I am now getting closer and closer to one week post op. If I can get through this first week I will be golden!

The swelling hurts. I hate the swelling. But... It'll all be worth it in the end. I can almost see my shape under the puff! Almost... :)

Feeling good. Finally.

One week ago today at this time I was getting myself ready to head to Victoria Surgery for my TT! I feel way better today... still swollen but much more like myself. My back is constantly on fire but I'm pretty sure it's from the couch I am sleeping on and the fact that I am not straightened up yet. Over all its a great day and even with the swelling I have I am happy with the results. I can't believe it will go down even more from here!
Dr. David Naysmith

Amazing staff and wonderful bedside manner. He is a highly skilled and highly recommended surgeon for all the right reasons. He somehow made this all so enjoyable! I also love his nurse, Diane. Very straight forward but also so very caring.