Early 50s, No Kids, Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck - Victoria, BC

My desire for a breast lift and tummy tuck were...

My desire for a breast lift and tummy tuck were different than the usual ‘mommy makeover’ that sends some women to a plastic surgeon for these surgeries. A few years ago I lost more than 100 pounds, in part due to weight loss surgery, and was left with ‘redundant skin’. As a result my expectations for surgery weren’t for restoration of a perfect body. I couldn’t remember ever having had that.

From my consultation through surgery and post op appointments I couldn’t be happier with the care, surgical skill and attention of Dr. Gray and his staff (receptionist and nurse). I had a hematoma that took me back into the OR the evening of my surgery and even with that complication my recovery went smoothly and without incident.

I’m amazed with the results of surgery and getting used to my new body. To me it’s nothing less than a transformation. I couldn’t recommend him more highly.

The only reason for less than 5 on wait time is due to our provincial medical system. My GP (general practitioner) referred me to Dr. Gray and I waited almost two years for my consultation appointment. I was told the wait time for plastic surgeons was at least 77 weeks. During that time, however, I was able to lose the last of my weight and then maintain it. I believe this played a part in proving my motivation for the surgery.

If I’m ever in a financial position to have further surgery with Dr. Gray I would opt for an arm lift since redundant skin in that area is an issue for me.

Payment process is not applicable as my surgeries were covered by the provincial medical plan.
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gray struck the right balance of professional demeanour with warmth and kindness.