55 Year Old, Looking for a More Youthful Appearance

I work in an office and over the past 3 years I...

I work in an office and over the past 3 years I noticed a pronounced saggy around my mouth and jaw, and a turkey neck that seemed to appear just in the last year and a half to two years. I meet with guests and community contacts and noticed my face was becoming tired looking and I was showing my age. I think I started seriously considering a lift when people started asking me, "are you okay?" or "are you mad?" So I had to remember to smile more often, in order to keep a scowling face (which I was not mad or upset) but my mouth would automatically frown when I was showing a straight face, it was awful. I knew I needed my lower face and neck done. It was an easy decision and I was looking forward to it. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. The recovery was so much easier than I thought. I'm currently just over 3 weeks post op. The numbness around my ears and neck are still very much there, and the swelling started higher, near cheek bones, and has settled more down in my jaw and chin right now. I can't wait to see the outcome, when all numbness and swelling subsides.

I do want to mention, the first few days taking antibiodics and pain medicine was a worry to me since I could barely open my mouth. I needed to have some food in my stomach before taking the meds so I wouldn't get an upset stomach. I found the perfect food with some substance and it was so good and refreshing, during the first few days!! (I tried saltine crackers and toast, forget it...the food breaks up and falls into the gum line and it was impossible to move my tongue around to try and move it out of my gum line.) What I found perfect were the cold, sliced apples! I had a brand new bag in the refrigerator and I cut the skin off of them, and I nibbled them, 4-6 slices before my meds and it was fantastic.

I am so pleased with my surgery, and absolutely attribute the great work to my plastic surgeon, Dr. Rosato. I'm so glad he did my face lift, and I'd highly recommend him.

Today, Day 24, a bit of swelling, but I'm good with it!

Even with swelling and numbness, I'm so happy. Sometimes I don't see much change, and then I look at photos from before, even last year, and say, "Oh yes, there is change, indeed." I like the way my skin feels when I apply makeup, it goes on so much smoother. The area around the front of my ears, not so much though, because rubbing where my skin is numb just feels weird. But I know this will gradually improve over the next couple or few months. In 1st photo, it's a closeup a few mornings ago. 2nd photo, is from a couple weeks ago, showing the chin and neck profile, no gobble gobble! Love it! (Yeah, I know, I let my eye "show". I am trying to be discreet, maybe covering my eyes isn't all that discreet...) hmmmmm...

Sunday, 2/15 is my 1 month mark in my healing!!

I was getting ready to go out this afternoon an snapped a few photos. I'm going to unleash and show my face ;p (eyes and all, silly me). I still am numb on both sides of my face and haven't felt really much more than an occasional little tickle, but I think I read that when the nerves start connecting they will feel more like pins and needles, some itching, and maybe a sharp quick pain every now and then...but I think in the last week my numbness has shrunk to smaller areas. My swelling is really up and down, today not bad at all. Fingers crossed I don't puff up in a day or two, LOL. Even so, it's seems to be only noticeable to me. Here are a few shots from today :-)

At almost 4 months post op, feeling great!

With only slight numbness on my left side, and light pink incision lines, I feel awesome. I would do it again in a heartbeat. My surgery both in experience and after care was tops, he is an expert and professional, and I would recommend him to anyone in my area.
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

I have seen Dr. Rosato for other procedures, since 2012. I highly recommend him, he's 5 stars in all areas from expertise to bedside manner. I trust him completely and will go to him for all my procedures.