Vaser Lipo in Malaysia

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

(please note cost is in Australian dollars and...

(please note cost is in Australian dollars and includes consults, surgery, general anaesetic, two nights in hospital, post medications, follow up visist to hotel, and a sub-standard compression garmnet (my only compliant as I had to buy my own).)

I have never had a waist and after hitting forty I'd noticed more fat being laid down on my abdomen.

My pre-requisitites were I only considered qualified plastic surgeons (not cosmetic), I wanted GA, and I wanted at least one night in hospital. It was these last two needs that made it cost prohibvitive in Australia. I visited a couple of local Australian surgeons (neither of whom did vaser) and was keen to proceed. I stumbled across the overseas option and started to investigate further, this was when I found vaser which seemed to provide a better technique.
I could go into the pros and cons of overseas 'medical tourism' but I think that is best suited to another post or forum.

With reagrsd to the procedure, personally I would not entertain a local for this procedure, but thats a personal thing.

I had 10 incisions front and back. I had upper and lower abdomen, flanks and braline treated, already these sites are virtually invisible aside from those on the flank.

I had surgery under general on the 19 April and...

I had surgery under general on the 19 April and when I awoke in recovery, I was intensely cold and uncontrollably shaking, this is normal. Partly a reaction to the GA, partly because they cool you down to restrict the vessels. They then warmed me up with many blankets and a warm air blower under the blankets.
I was quite weak for the following 6 hours or so but otherwise ok - no vomiting or nausea.
The compression the doc applied to me whilst I was out was a elasticised wrap and a vest (because of my back I assume). I had dressing pads over all incision sites and each of these had 2 stitches in. Some docs leave the wounds open or others sew in a drain (pipe) mine used stitches. Without conmparison I can't say which is better. I can say I developed significant swelling across my groin and hip area (neither of which were treated) and this lasted about 2 weeks. I have some swelling now (24 days after surgery day) but itsn't really noticeable to anyone else.
I developed severe bruising on my outer thighs (an untreated area) which I assume is from the swelling. Unfortunately I got some misinformation prior and had been taking fish oil tabs PLUS it was my period time so both of these things would have contributed. Fortunately I had also been taking Arnica, Vitamin c, Zinc and a multi, and I have recovered quickly and well now.
12/5 Just had my first lymphatic drainage massage. Was a bit aprehensive as thought it might hurts heaps but was actually pleasant. This type of massage not as deep as regular massage. Can't see any results but am assured it helps move swelling fluid out of the body more effectively.

TIPS AND HINTS AND LESSONS LEARNT (relevant to my surgery)
~~ Ensure you won't be having your period at op time
~~ Shave/wax your public hair, this makes it far less painful when dressings are removed around that area
~~ Take Arnica, Zinc and 2000mg vitamin C for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery
~~ Drinks lots of water pre and post surgery (at least 2 L/ day)
~~ STOP taking fish oil or flax seed oil 2 weeks prior
~~ Ensure your compression garments are appropriate for your surgery and have 2 sets ready to use straight after surgery you can purchase online at: http://marenagroup.com. Appropriate garments are essential!
~~ While you will see immediate change to your shape (pending how much you get removed) don't expect to see your final shape for 3 months or so. I can see a vast improvement BUT I know there is still some swelling, hardness and divets here and there which should rectify or change.
I will post more pictures later on but having now gone through this, I know the lead up and recovery in the first week or two is the most nerve racking time.
Dr KS Heng

I travelled from Australia to Malaysia for this procedure. I can't compare vaser to traditional lipo (as I have no expereince of the latter) but aside from a couple of weeks of bruises and swelling in the groin area, at the 3.5 weeks mark I can see my new shape and I'm stoked!