Breast Implant Removal and New Implants at 60 Years Old

In 1986 I got McGhan Double Lumin implants (inner...

In 1986 I got McGhan Double Lumin implants (inner silicone pocket/outer saline pocket). This was
prior to when the FDA took silicone implants off the market & the Dow Corning class action law suit. Over the 27 years I had numerous health issues that I suspected were related to the implants, including migraines, joint pain, muscle pain, chronic allergies & bronchitis.

I visited my initial surgeon in Southern California within weeks of the surgery after landing in the emergency room with my first migraine. I was told that the symptoms I had were part if aging (I was 31). Over the 27 years, I went to approximately 15 doctors in 3 states trying to get help. Towards the end I visited several plastic surgeons asking them to remove the old implants. I was told, "If they aren't broke, don't fix them."

I had these implants in my body until April of 2013 when Dr. Gabriel removed them. During my first visit with Dr. Gabriel, he had already researched my implant type. He explained that they were recalled for failure 2 years after I had them in. He recommended immediate removal with no replacement to give my body time to recover and my health to improve. It would give me to decide if I would like my breasts without an implant.

I actually enjoyed the freedom of having MY small breasts. I waited 2 years before I got another implant & I selected the gummy bear. The upper pole of each of my breasts were concave after having an implant for so long. I felt self conscience when I met my fiance. I love the newer implants that have a much more natural curve and softer feel. I am a 36 B to C, a very natural size for me.

Breast Implant Removal and New Implants at 60 Years Old

Portland Plastic Surgeon

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Gabriel and his staff. What a knowledgeable, caring professional! He has never dismissed my fears or concerns. He treats me as an intelligent woman who knows herself and her own body. When I wanted new implants, he listened to my reasons and presented several options. He will not do things he knows from years of experience won't work. For example, I initially wanted a fat transfer. He said it would not resolve my concern about upper breast fullness over time. I have built trust with him through my experiences!