35 and Much Prefer Dysport over Botox - Vancouver, WA

I'm 35 years old and started getting Botox about...

I'm 35 years old and started getting Botox about two years ago. It's a cost that's hard to justify as a student, but I started to notice a 'dent' forming between my eyebrows from constant squinting/frowning. I also have a VERY expressive face, and every big smile was a mess of crinkles all over my face. I purchased a Groupon for Botox, and I never looked back. I figure that prevention is much easier than correction. I loved the softness it gave my look, and the eyebrow arch/lift (very significant) was my favorite.

I have a wicked fast metabolism, and my Botox was always pretty well gone by the time 3 months passed. I'd get 50 units total-about 30 in between my brows, and another 20 spread between my crows feet and tiny bits in my forehead.

Cut to a few months back. I went in for my normal injections, and went to pay (my normal cost-he charges me only $8/unit), and he said this time he'd used Dysport. I was not happy. But he said he thought id probably like it better, and to give it a chance.

Well, I LOVE it. It kicked in by the next day, whereas Botox takes about a week. It also lasted longer. The Botox would rapidly face at 3 months...it was like my face melted. The Dysport just started to lose steam at 3 months (lightly), and it's very gradual. I easily could have gone another month. Maybe 2.

The photos show me before and after. The before was at 3 months post-Botox, and the after was about 3 days after the Dysport. It was late summer, so I'm a lot more tan.

I'd recommend giving Dysport s try if you're on the fence. My cost is the same (you get 3x more units, but they are 1/3 the price). 3 units Dysport is like 1 unit Botox.

I just went today for more Dysport. I'll be sticking to it from now on.

Cropped to display significant differences around eyes.

Zeroed in to show 'crinkle effects'. First is 90 days after last Botox, and second is 3 days after first Dysport injections
Kirkland Physician

I absolutely love Dr. Allen. He never tried to sell me, and genuinely loves to see his patients feel 'pretty'.