Recovering Well from Mommy Makeover. Vancouver, BC

I seen Dr. Brown for a consultation for a mommy...

I seen Dr. Brown for a consultation for a mommy makeover in February of this year on the recommendation of a close friend and was very impressed right from the start.

His receptionist Gaezelle is a very helpful and professional lady who was able to assist me in everything from booking appts to choosing implant sizes, making payments, fielding the million questions I had and did it all in a timely manner.

Dr. Brown was was very professional and personable during the consult. I felt that he was very honest with me as far as expectations of the surgery and he was able to confidently answer all of my questions leaving me feeling that I could trust him as my surgeon.

I should also comment that the facilities are immaculate. Very up to date, clean and well staffed and easy to find:)

I was booked in after my consult for approximately one month later. They gave me instructions on how to make sizers to really be sure if my implant size selection, and gave me pre-op instructions as well as all test requisitions that I needed and promptly answered all questions I had before the surgery.

Come surgery day, I was taken in first thing in the morning where I met again with the nursing staff who were all very professional and pleasant people. They weighed me and we reviewed and signed paperwork and they helped me into my surgery gown and booties and hat. Dr. brown came in next to touch base before the surgery answer any remaining questions and do my markings. Then, I spoke with my anesthesiologist, who walked me through how anesthesia works and what would happen in the OR.

The nurse helped me to the OR where I was shown to the operating bed, and fitted with leg compressors that help to prevent clots during surgery. The operating team talked over the procedure together to make sure everyone was on par, and then I went to sleep!

I woke in recovery and was closely monitored by an abundant and very helpful nursing staff. Someone was always right close by and I felt very well cared for. I was given adequate pain and anti nausea Meds, and Dr.Brown checked in personally on multiple occasions. I chose to spend the first night at the surgical suite at a cost of approx $1200, that I felt was very well spent as I had nurses available all night when I needed them, and was very well cared for after a major surgery.

I met with Dr.Brown again the next morning and was given post op instruction and again had questions answered. Everything went very well, and 5 days out recovery is still going very well. I am very impressed with my results so far, and can't wait to finish my recovery period and see my final results. I am an out of town patient so I have been keeping close contact with Dr.Brown via email for questions, and am getting responses within minutes! I was also given pager and other numbers to make contact if need be. I'm very impressed with the care I'm receiving.

I will update at a later date with before and after photos, once I am all healed up!

I highly recommend Dr.Brown to anyone looking for a qualified, professional plastic surgeon.

Mommy make over miracle!

I see how this works now.... :)

I just wanted to add some information I found very useful when I was doing research on the look I wanted to achieve:

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 128lbs pre-op ( between 26-30% body fat is my best guess-skinny fat) 135 currently (surgery added weight that will probably go away in the near future)

Pre op breast size: 34a and tuberous

Post op breast size: currently measuring 36dd but will likely change over the next weeks-months. (Will update final size later)

I measure my breast size by measuring over the bust, (at armpit level) (this is band size) and the over the nipples, and subtracting the over from the nipple measurement, and then each inch difference equals one cup size:)

My implants are:

600cc
High profile
Mentor.... I think... Lol!
Sub muscular placement
Crease/fold incision

My tummy required a full tuck and I requested a bit of lipo in the pubic bone area.

Drains are out! Yay:)

I had my tummy tuck drains taken out at 7 days post op. It was the strangest feeling ever, but it wasn't painful like I thought it would be! Boy am I glad those are gone!

I showered late the next day, and just made sure to thoroughly dry my incisions afterwards. My tape was still on at this point as the Dr instructed to leave it on until it fell off.

The next day I noticed the tape comin up more in a few places and worries that it would trap moisture that I couldn't dry out under there, so I took off my tape, cleaned the area with sterile pads and saline solution and applied back to back steri strips to the entire length of the incision. My under breast tape is still stuck on good so I will wait to a bit to so those. I covered everything back up again with long sterile non stick pads and taped them because I couldn't find self adhesive in the right size.

That whole thing took a while so I probably won't shower again for a few days. That's ok. Hubby doesn't mind birdie bathing me! Who knew he could give a salon quality over the tub hair shampoo? :)

The pain is really minimal now and I'm only taking naproxen for its anti-inflammatory benefits. I stopped taking oxycodone/acetametaphen at 6 or 7 days post op.

Day one was pretty bad for pain and nausea-needed help with everything.

Day2-5 were still painful, was a bit more independent but hunched over from tummy tuck.

Day 6 to present have been much better. It's a game of "don't do it even though you can" now. This is really difficult when you have a 22 month old and a 7.5 month old, even with live in help!

I'm still wearing my abdominal binder and probably will for at least another couple weeks.

I was given a tensor bandage to wear over my breasts to push them down but bought and modified a rib belt to do the job the tensor was doing. (I couldn't find a 3" ace bandage I was looking for) It velcros for easier application, and applies at least the same if not more pressure down on my breasts. I have to wear this until my breast settle into what I see as the perfect position. Could be 3 weeks, 3 months or longer.

Almost 2 weeks post op!

Well the swelling had gone down drastically in my tummy, and I'm 4 lbs away from my pre-surgery weight! Yay:) the boobs are looking better all the time also! I'm still a happy camper two weeks out:) I've noticed the skin on my tummy is relaxing into it's new shape more everyday, and the gathers at the incision line are starting to smooth out a bit already although I still have them steri stripped. I keep putting them on again when the old ones fall off and will probably keep doing that until next week then just tape my scar line.

Over all I'm still not standing totally upright, it takes a few minutes after I stand up to kind of loosen up. I'm still getting mild soreness where the stitches are under my implants. My breasts are still a little sore, but I've been off Meds completely for 4 days now.

checking in after a loooong time!

Hello! Sorry it's been so long! I am one year out now and everything is going great:) my inplant have settled, great and look amazing, and my tummy looks great as well! In reply to the question about the extra dollars for the overnight:

I found it to be well worth it as I was pretty helpless immediately after the surgery. I couldn't even open my own pill jar. The nurses were wonderful and I have no regrets about spending that money.

I had no complications at all and recovered perfectly. Dr.Brown was available to answer questions when ever I contacted him. I highly recommend him!

Will post more pics when the lose the couple lbs I gained lol!

It's amazing though how much better I feel now about myself at my current weight than how I felt about myself last time I seen this number on the scale:)
Dr. Erin Brown