24 Year Old with Light Acne Scarring and Skin Discoloration. 35% TCA Peel with 2 Passes. - Valencia, CA

I have recently received a TCA peel to help with...

I have recently received a TCA peel to help with my acne scarring and skin discoloration. I do not have full results yet, but I can tell you about my process so far. On a scale of 1-10 the pain was about a 7. It is uncomfortable, but a pro to it is the discomfort lasts maybe about 2 minutes. After that, you feel like you have a sunburn. Be sure to put sunscreen and moisturizer on after the procedure before walking out into the sun. Your skin is sensitive and you want to protect it from getting any hyper pigmentation. Shower was okay, I washed it lightly with Cetaphil and made sure to put lotion on before bed. This morning I woke up, and my face felt dry and tight. I rinsed it and put on my sunscreen and moisturizer before going to work and will be bringing the lotion with me for throughout the day. I will be updating this review as the peeling starts, very excited for results!

Day 3 of TCA

Today is the most uncomfortable I have felt so far. Skin is very tight and skin is tender. I have a feeling once I start to peel, there will be a little bit of relief.

Day 4.

Today the peeling has started and I look like an old lady. Finally! Discomfort is light, the peeling is bringing relief. Do not pick and keep it as moist as you can still.

Day 4 - Day 7

I ended up peeling everything off over the weekend. Day 4 was definitely the worst part. Cracking and just starting the peel.

That night I lathered up in Vaseline and kept it that way until Day 6. Then I switched to lotion because I do break out from too much oil.

Last night (Day 7) I finally peeled off the rest of what was left on my face. I am swollen, red and pink at the moment. Still only wearing lotion and sunscreen. Anything else looks flaky on my skin, as it is VERY dry. No discomfort.

Day 16

Here it is on Day 16. After all the peeling was over on Day 7, I just looked like I had a light sunburn all over my face. I want to say the redness went away by Day 12. I still have some light flaky patches, but I am just moisturizing the area until it is all smooth. The only problem I personally had with this peel, was that with my acne prone skin, putting heavy amounts of cream during the peeling stage DID make me break out slightly. It is all cleared up now though. I highly recommend doing the peel. It has taken all my freckles and sun spots away, and my skin feels softer and tighter than it did before. Even though I am young, it has made me look even younger. VERY happy lady!
Valencia Dermatologic Surgeon

Teresa Grossi NP did my peel and I have to say I was very pleased with her bedside manner. She made me feel calm and explained everything I would be feeling. She was very honest in the discomfort i would feel and let me know it wouldn't last too long. I highly recommend her!!!