41 Year Old, Had Subcision with Fat Transfer on Both my Cheeks - Vadodara, India

I have had severe acne scars on both my cheeks...

I have had severe acne scars on both my cheeks since past 23 years. It didn't bother me as much until recently when I started working out and my scars got worse. After reading the reviews in this forum I consulted a PS in India who does subcision. Based on his recommendation I had subcision with fat transfer on both my cheeks. He harvested the fat off my belly and after the subcision he injected fat over the subcisied areas of my cheeks.
My face was swollen for a couple of days. Now I see some unattractive lumps on the areas where fat was grafted. There was redness and internal bruising on the first two days. The doctor told me that I would be able to see the final results only after 6 weeks.
As per my research in this forum, I hope about 40% of the grafted fat would remain while my body would absorb the remaining fat. That would take care of the lumps.
My doctor also recommends me to go for a CO2 fractional laser treatment to take care of the remaining scars after 6 weeks.
I am hoping that my rolling scars would be un-noticable after the healing process (ie 6 weeks).

One week after the Subcision with fat graft

Swelling seems to be totally gone. I can still feel the lumps over my face where the fat is grafted. However most people can't see 'em unless they pay extra attention.
The pic here is taken from a low resolution camera. I think this is how I look from a reasonable distance when people can't notice the details. The pics taken from a good camera still picks up the scars including the minor lumps over my cheeks.
The creams I have been applying over my face seems to have started helping improve my complexion. However, I still have a lot of discoloration and pigmentation over my face and I expect it to improve in the coming weeks.
Will post more pics next week.

Third week after the Subcision with fat grafting

1. About 25 % of the fat grafted seems to be absorbed by my body so far. I expect to retain about 60 to 70% of the grafted fat.
2. The sunken look of my face because of huge depressed area on both my cheeks looks a bit plump now.
3. The acne scars (ice pick and box scars) which were not visible due to the swelling seems to be coming back.
4. I still see a depressed area on my right cheek. This is because that area was not operated (subcision+fat graft) by my doctor. When I asked him about it right after the procedure, he told me I should not worry about the results until 6 weeks.

I guess so far, I see about 80% improvement on my rolling scars. However there is almost no or minimal improvement on other type of scars.

I would post pics later this week.

One month after the procedure

After one month, I am satisfied with the results on parts that had subcision + fat grafting done. I can still feel some lump on the areas with grafted fat. However the lumps are getting smaller by the day and that means the grafted fat is turning into subcutaneous fat slowly.
But it sucks to still see a noticeable depressed area on my right cheek. The one that I noticed right after the surgery and doctor told me to not worry about the results right away. Basically that area was neither subcised nor any fat was grafted underneath. Just because of that my overall satisfaction with the results is somewhat discouraging.
The good news is, I can get that scar fixed next time. The bad news is it would cost me more. Since I am moving to USA next month, it would cost me a lot more now because I would have to pay in US dollars instead of Indian rupees.
I still have tons of ice pick scars and few deep box scars. But I am still happy because my complexion has improved with the regular use of those gels and lotions that was prescribed by my doctor.
Posting some pics with different angles. Intentionally shot these pics in poor lighting to show the scars. In good lighting, a lot of these scars are not visible.
Dr. Umesh Shah

He seems to be skilled and experienced with the Subcision+Fat graft/transfer procedure.