Explant With Breast Lift - New York, NY

I had my 14 year old implants removed and a breast...

I had my 14 year old implants removed and a breast lift in January with Dr. Fruend (along with some liposuction and an umbilical hernia repair). From the start Dr Freund was responsive and easy to reach. He explains everything in detail so you know what to expect; he draws diagrams showing you his plan and wants to make sure he answers all of your questions. I also like that he is very practical and he tempers your expectations so you have realistic goals for your final outcome. Most of all, he is compassionate and tries to put you at ease when you have concerns. Not in that dismissive way some surgeons are, more like making sure you understand what is happening.

In the end, my results are perky, neat with good nipple placement and appropriate for my size. Still full, because I had a lot of extra breast tissue from my pregnancy , so I am able to wear most of my pre-pregnancy bras. Also, the scarring, while not ideal, is not so bad considering the procedure. I only have the vertical scar, not the anchor scar, which I'm sure was a more difficult procedure since my fold has been lifted back up.

The liposuction I had was on my upper back which has always been a problem area for me. I have four little scars where the incisions were made, so anything backless for now is out. But that area is starting to show signs of settling as I had a ton of swelling and I didn't have a compression garment; the jury is still out on that.

All in all, I am pretty happy with my surgery, my experience and my surgeon. I highly recommend Dr Freund and his professional caring staff. The entire process was problem free and I felt at ease from the beginning.
New York Plastic Surgeon

A super nice, very unassuming doctor who knows his stuff. Very professional and easy to reach. Nice staff as well! An all around pleasant experience.