Vaser Lipo on Upper/lower Abs and Flanks - Price in and GBP - United Kingdom, GB

After many hours of researching the procedure, my...

After many hours of researching the procedure, my surgeon and the before & after pics (mainly on real self), I am 99% sure I'm going ahead with the procedure.
Growing up I was a skinny child, but even then I was never defined around my stomach. I have detested my belly button for as long as I can remember. As I've got older it has escalated to more of an obsession - it is constantly on my mind. I am so unhappy with the stubborn fat around my stomach and flanks. I dropped from 11st7 to 9st3 a few years ago (currently at 10st 7) (I am 5"8 so in normal BMI) but even at my lowest, although my frame shrank my stomach unfortunately didn't. As materialistic as it sounds, I find beautiful dresses that will look lovely, If it wasn't for my stomach/silhouette. I feel like it is holding me back from life..... I cancel nights out and hide behind baggy clothes. I have zero confidence in going out on dates (I have been single for nearly 6 years.... Which I believe this Hangul plays a massive part.... I just don't feel worthy). I have contemplated surgery for 3 years but could never justify the cost, but after yet another summer of hiding in baggy black t-shirts/stretchy pants and cancelling yet another social event, I decided I 'can' justify it and start living my life... I know this may sound like madness to some people but this issue I have has such a huge grip on my life and has done for many years.
I will post before pictures at some point, once i get the confidence to put myself out there.
I've got my appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday and looking at 7 sept for my surgery all being well.... Wish me luck. I will keep you updated x

Met with my surgeon

I've just got home from the first meeting with my surgeon. He was lovely. He got me to lift my top up to have a look at what he's working with! He said I'm perfect for the procedure and put my mind at ease after answering my questions.

He went through some before and after pics of his previous patients, mainly on a girl who he worked with a few months ago that had a similar shape to mine. I was so impressed with her results!

He seems very passionate about what he does and is proud of the results he's achieved (and rightly so). He's graded me a Band C for 2 hrs and ensured I will be wearing a bikini this time next year ;)

I'm phoning my coordinator tomorrow to schedule my surgery date!! Very excited. Still hoping for 7th September slot all being well....

Until next time..... x

Deposit paid and all set for 7 sept

So after meeting my surgeon last night, I decided to take the plunge and book in this morning. Exactly 4 weeks today to go, I feel like a child waiting for Christmas Day now!

When I got off the phone to my lovely coordinator this morning, I felt a huge wave of excitement and then worry and then guilt, then excited again! These emotions have been in full swing, switching dramatically from one to the other all day. I haven't ever spent this amount of money on myself but after speaking with my mum and best friend (the only people who know about this), they said they know this hangup has been holding me back on so much so it is more than justifiable..... And I work bloody hard and long hours in my job so it's my money to spend! Their support has helped so much!! Has anyone else gone through these mixed emotions of guilt?

Anyway, after putting it all into perspective - I know I have made the right decision. I am unbelievably excited now, just with a tiny hint of anxiousness, not about the pain etc, I just really hope I get the results and finally have the stomach ive always wanted!

Op date to be put back :(

Just got the call from my Nurse who undertook my tests at pre-op. She's told me I have tested positive for MRSA in one of my swabs. I instantly felt dirty and wondered what it actually was (I have never researched it before so didnt know much about it). It turns out everyone has it but it's just active in me at the moment. So I have to start a 1 week course of antibiotics, then once that is complete I have to go to the surgery to provide swabs every week for a minimum of 3 weeks until they will operate on me. I am so upset right now but it could be worse I suppose, my surgery is still going ahead but it is just a matter of when??. I will put my positive head back on tomorrow but tonight will be spent feeling very sorry for myself.

New date in the diary

So my nurse phoned me up last week a couple of days after doing another swab and my results are negative ;))))!! Just another 2 more weekly swabs to do before I get the all clear. I've provisionally hot the next available date in the diary for 5 October! Fingers crossed there are no more bumps in the road along the way

2nd Negative Result :)

Just got a text from the Nurse (she prefers to text in working hours to save me the embarrasment of talking about MRSA in front of the MD) - anyway, my second swab test for MRSA has come back negative. Just one more swab to go before I get the all clear for surgery in 3 weeks :))))) Bring it on!!!

Before pics

I've been plucking up the courage to add some before pictures on since I joined 6/7 weeks ago now. I don't think I'll be brave enough to add bare-flesh photos until I have had my surgery and can show you all my results, but here are some in a dress I bought about 18 months ago that I hope to be wearing in public by Christmas :) as you can see I have stubborn and out of proportion shape in my stomach and flanks! I'll be sure to take some in the same dress in a few weeks time!

Third test results - all clear for surgery!

I am so happy! Just had my third clear test result so I am 100% on for 5 October. I can actually relax and allow myself to get excited now!

Surgery day

Today's the big day! I had one or two slight panic attacks last night, the main worry is just going through all of this and not seeing any results - I'm not too fussed about the pain. I just hope it will all be worth it! I could kill for a coffee right now too!
Updates and possibly some pictures will be added soon

All done

Finally home after surgery, everything went well and my surgeon told me to expect brilliant results. He couldn't believe how much fat he had taken out of my flanks. I'm full of liquid so can't see any results (my silhouette is actually bigger than when I started) but I'm not worried. My stomach is feeling a little sore, more like tummy ache than anything else. I'll update you all on the actual procedure once the drugs have wore off. But for the time being, here's a pic of my fat! My milkshake would definitely not bring all the boys to the yard ;)

The procedure

Hi all, I thought I'd update now the drugs have worn off and my memory is still fresh from today. My admission time was 10.45 but was told there could be up to 3 hours - I went down about 1pm and the surgery lasted 2 hours. The sedation was so gentle (in a good way), I've had sedation before and it hit me like a tonne of bricks but today was gentle..... I slightly remember the inductions in my flanks being a little uncomfortable but 100% bearable. The rest of it was just a blur. I was drifting in and out of sleep. One thing I will say though is once I came round at the end of the procedure, I was freezing!!! The one thing I haven't heard in any reviews is the mention of how 'wet' the surgery is! I did start shaking and the lovely team covered me with tin foil, I think it was a mixture of feeling cold and shock after waking up when the sedation was wearing thin.

A lovely member of the team took some pictures on my phone for me before I was put in my garment (can't remember his name but he was one of my favourites... He was So sweet with me). I was then taken into recovery and given a half a sandwich and sweet tea.

Another thing I need to mention, some reviews on here show pictures straight from surgery and are actually amazing and the difference from their before pic is outstanding..... Mine, not so much. I remember looking down and touching my stomach, it was numb but felt so wobbly but I know this was all the fluid. I've since looked back at my pics and can see a difference though, but not as dramatic as some on here! I'm not worried though, I seem to be draining well and can already see my waist forming (I have NEVER had a waist!)

My only real concern at the moment is I have a crease in my garment just above my belly button. I am scared that this will indent my skin and form a permanent shape. I've read up on it which has eased my worries but I'm still edgy about it. If anyone has any experience with this I would be so grateful if you could give me some advice!!

I'm off to pop some pills to hopefully give me a good nights sleep (I have a 1am alarm set for my top up).

I'll keep you all posted - I'm so excited/nervous

My back no longer has the shape of a potato

I still cannot stand to look at my before pics but just did this to check if there's any difference.... Bear in mind I have thick padding on both sides of my flanks. This picture makes me happy!
I know over the next few weeks I will go through a rollercoaster of emotions with the swelling/lumps/bumps/pain etc but after seeing this I say "bring it on"!!!

Yesterday was spent mainly in bed. I know the advice is to try and be as mobile as possible but my incisions for my drains are stinging (I so hope this is normal and they're not infected). I've been changing my pads for them every 2-4 hours. The bleeding/oozing has finally subsided. It's the weirdest sensation in my stomach when I stand too - I'm sure it will be bearable once the drains go and I lose the stinging from that

I'm still looking very swollen around my lower abs and flanks but I can definitely see my frame is so much smaller.

Got my first post op later - unbelievably nervous to have a proper peek. I keep reminding myself that it's a marathon, not a sprint but I still hope I am happy with what I see later.

Swelling garment pics, day 1, 2 and 3

Still very swollen but so glad I'm taking pictures daily so I can see the huge progress

up & down

So although my rational side of my brain says I'm not even a week post op and it is a marathon not a sprint, the irrational and impatient side of me is worried about my lower abs, it looks the same shape from side view and still feels very wobbly when I take my garment off to shower - the dreaded overhang line is still visible too. My belly button still looks closed but I read a tip to roll a cotton bud into a perfect circle and pop it in before putting my garment back on. I'm seeing my body as a piece of putty that I'm moulding back to shape whilst it sets!! Today the swelling is still there but has subsided a lot since yesterday. I'm really happy with my flanks even though they are still swollen - it has made such a difference to my frame size!!

I'm going for my first Lymphatic drainage massage tomorrow which will hopefully bring down some more swelling and relativise me!

Lymphatic massage

I had my first massage last night, it was actually quite therapeutic, not what I was imagining. I was tender but it felt nice at the same time and my swelling was right down by the time I got home. The physio gave me the go ahead to use my hand massager and shown me the best way to do it. I've got my second appointment with her tomorrow. If anyone is unsure or undecided about getting them, I'd recommend it with a fully qualified masseuse / physiotherapist. It is pricey but considering how much you spend on your surgery, it is nothing.

My evening showers are usually the time I dread the most, mainly because I'm not overwhelmed with my results at the minute and all the bruising doesn't make it more easing on the eye so I don't like taking my garment off but I was pleasantly surprised tonight, although my swelling is right up, I can see that my skin is evening out and I'm slowly losing the crease just above my groin. I'm not sure if it was the massage helping me drain more than usual or if it was a natural progress but either way, I'm not complaining :)