Terrible Lumps and Unevenness Following Vaser Lipo Dr Alex Chambers - United Kingdom, GB

I had vaser lipo on upper, lower stomach and love...

I had vaser lipo on upper, lower stomach and love handles. Despite being very fit and healthy I couldn't shift the excess fat (I have PCOS). I spent about GBP 5-6k on this procedure. Not only was it pretty painful (I was awake during the 3-4 hour procedure and could really feel the cannula) I was so bruised I looked like I'd been hit by a truck. Despite following all of the after care instructions, wearing the compression garments religiously and going to all of my follow-up massage appointments etc... I have been left with a really uneven result, lumps and bumps all over my stomach and when you look at me front ways on, I am not even symmetrical! One side of my waist is very different to the other. I emailed, left messages etc... with Alex Chambers office but got ZERO response. I subsequently moved overseas a few months after the procedure, otherwise I would have pursued this and made a formal compliant with the relevant plastic surgery governing boards in the UK. I regret this as I'd rather have my spare type / love handles back than the unevenness which is noticeable even through clothes. Really do your research before deciding on getting vaser! I have seen a few other similar bad reviews from other women who had vaser with Alex Chambers. I wish I'd seen those reviews before my procedure as I would't have gone ahead. After hoping the unevenness would settle down (its 5 years now) it's only getting worse despite being ultra fit and healthy (seems worse the thinner I am), so now discussing a revision with a vaser expert here in Sydney - and of course this will cost me about GBP5k again to fix the botch job from Alex Chambers - so annoying.

I am getting married soon and decided to address...

I am getting married soon and decided to address my double chin, after a lot of research I decided to book in at Cosmos Clinic in Sydney. I met with Dr Ajaka for my initial consultation and he explained everything extremely well. Just to add all of the staff at Cosmos (nurses/ receptionist are amazing, very helpful and friendly and happy to answer all questions).

On the day of my procedure I was quite nervous but the nurses who got me prepped were very kind and reassuring to me and helped put me at ease. I had a local so was awake during the procedure which was quick and completely painless. I was allowed to go home with antibiotics and anti inflams after about 1.5 hours of recovery time. I had the procedure done Monday afternoon and was back at work Thursday, I could have gone back sooner except you have to keep the support garment on for 24 hours for the first few days and I didn’t want to leave the house in it, as it looks a bit funny! I was back at the gym one week after the procedure and now three weeks on all swelling has gone (there wasn’t much in the first place though), I had minimal bruising (I started on arnica a week before procedure and a week after) and my scar is healing very nicely, it’s just under my chin (1 incision only) so you can hardly see it unless I tilt my head back!  I am super happy with the result and wish I’d done it sooner. I have since booked in for another pre wedding treatment at Cosmos (Derma pen with PRP next week) to help with some old acne scars and will also eventually go back for vaser lipo revision on my lower, upper stomach and flanks (this was done in the UK 5 years ago and not done by Dr Ajaka).

Dr Alex Chambers

Dr Ajaka was great, he explained the procedure in depth, answered all of my questions and I have a great result following the procedure which I am very happy about. The staff at Cosmos - Double Bay are really great, having procedures done can be a bit daunting but they totally put me at ease and answered all of my many questions with patience.