Rhinoplasty Next Month! Nervous but Excited... - United Kingdom, GB

Hi everyone, Over the past year or so I have...

Hi everyone,

Over the past year or so I have spent a lot of time on Realself looking at all your comments and it's been a fantastic help

I'm 22 years old and I've disliked my nose for a long time now. I always knew that I would eventually decide to go ahead and have surgery, but I wanted to make sure that the time was right and I was choosing the right surgeon.

This website has been a big help and I decided to go to a consultation with Lucian Ion. This was the best decision I could have made. Mr Ion is great - he made me feel very comfortable and knew exactly what I wanted with my nose. He created some morphs for me (which I may post on here if I feel a little more confident!) and the look he created was very natural and the nose I've always wanted. Mr Ion spent almost an hour with me and covered all my questions. I didn't feel like I was rushed and he covered everything I needed him to at the time.

I then went back for a second consultation, just to speak to him about a couple more questions I had since my last consultation and have booked my surgery date for the 22nd December. I'm having open surgery.

Although I am extremely excited and I know I am in excellent hands, this will be my first operation under general anaesthetic so a little nervous! But knowing I'm going to hopefully wake up with the nose I've always wanted is a fantastic feeling.

Does anybody have any reccomendations of what I need to bring with me to the hospital and is there anything I should take pre-op to help with the healing process? It would be a great help :)

Lauren xo