28 Year Old, Single, Unconfident - Desperate for Labia Reduction

Ever since I was a teenager I had developed a...

Ever since I was a teenager I had developed a large oversized labia. I lacked confidence with my appearance. To me, It was ugly, abnormal and felt uncomfortable. I felt ashamed of it and had difficulty when being intimate with someone. My twin sister had the exact same thing as me. For a long time, we just felt it was something, we'd have to live with. That was until we did some research, and realised how common it was, and that there was a surgical procedure available. The procedure has dramatically improved my confidence and I am very happy with the outcome. It was the best decision I have ever made. I just wish I hadn't waited until 28 to have it done.

My sister and I saw one or two other consultants prior to meeting Jeremy Hurren at Spire Hospitals. Our experiences were not good, and we were giving up hope of finding the right surgeon to help us. My first consultation with Jeremy, he saw me and my sister together. He made us feel very comfortable and at ease. He showed a real understanding of our situation, and seem very interested (from a scientific/reasearch point of view) that being twins we both have the exact same issue (albeit on opposite sides - like mirror twins). He reassured us about the procedure and what it involved, and gave us both the confidence we needed, to proceed with the operation. In particular, knowing that he could operate on us both, on the same day, one after the other, was a big tick for us both. There was aftercare available and we both had a couple of follow up appointments with Jeremy. It was reassuring that he was there and available for some time after the operation. My operation was a success with no complications. I am ever grateful to Jeremy, for his expertise, knowledge, caring and professional manner and I would recommend him and Spire Hospital, for anyone considering this procedure.