19 Year Old Labia Reduction Review (United Kingdom)

I want to share my story. Ever since I was 12...

I want to share my story. Ever since I was 12 years old, I always knew I was different down below. When I was 18 I eventually plucked up the courage to contact my GP and booked an appointment. Due to my large Labias on both sides, it caused me much discomfort when moving as due to the size, my Labias we always getting caught in my knickers and that was my main problem aswell as my confidence issues when it comes to wearing bikinis and tight clothing. My GP then referred me onto a gynaecologist as my Labias were very large considering my age. When I had an appointment to see the gynaecologist, I was super nervous incase I go knocked back on my surgery but I was actually lucky enough to be part of the very few women that was accepeted to have a labiaplasty on the NHS. My surgery was booked for the 6th June 2016 at 7.30am. As I was first in the queue, my surgery took place at 8.30 and I was out by half 9 however, due to the anastetic I didn't wake up until half 10-11 ish. I got discharged that day even though I was VERY sore. I was on bed rest for 2 days. however, on the Wednesday after my surgery, I noticed that my wound looked very infected, which going to A&E confermed that I did have an infection and was given some antibiotics to help with the infection. I am now on my 6th day after my operation and I am in a GREAT deal of pain when going to the toilet and I actually think that my stitches have came out of my wound so I am going to the doctors tomorrow to find out why it is hurting so much. Overall my experience has been painful but I think it is definitely worth it as you can see the difference of my Labias and I do think it is going to change my life. Something I regret not doing is taking pictures of my Labias before the surgery so unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show the size before but I do know that I had 2inches trimmed off.
Dr nik

My consultant was very helpful however after the surgery I didn't have any after care of no leaflets to let me know what to expect after the surgery