Scared - Pip Removal - Tyneside, UK

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hi. Just need to chat to someone regarding pip...

Hi. Just need to chat to someone regarding pip silicone implant removal, as at the moment I'm feeling a little scared. I had implants 15 years ago aged 25 as at the time I had low self esteem. Friends and even strangers used to joke about me not having any breasts so I was determined to have breast implants. I’m 5 feet 7 inches tall and 147lbs so not thin but I was 38 AA cup. I have to admit that I was overjoyed with my new C cup. It has brought me confidence and I felt feminine and in proportion and overall I have had no problems. Now that has changed. I received PIP silicone implants and as you probably know, these implants are faulty and have to be removed. I realise how stupid and vain I have been just to look “in proportion”. I want to live a long healthy life for my young daughter and family and want my implants removed as soon as possible. I have contacted the hospital and they are arranging an appointment to see the cosmetic consultant who will remove and replace the implants, if I do so wish, free. However reading your stories has given me the confidence to not replace the implants. However, I’m feeling scared. What will happen to my breasts without implants? I have seen your photographs and they look fantastic but what will mine look like? I had little breast tissue before and they have stretched with the implants. What will happen to me? Will I go back to that shy person who never took her big baggy jumper off and always stood at the back? It’s a comfort to read your experiences and to know that I am not the only one going through this.