Canadian for New Brows - Turkey

My eyebrows were over-plucked as a teen and had to...

My eyebrows were over-plucked as a teen and had to be completely drawn on by my twenties. I tried pencils, waxes, liquids and powders and nothing looked natural nor would stay put. In 2010 I decided to let my aunt tattoo by eyebrows as she has done this for a living. The tattoos oxidize to a redish colour which looks even worse than no brows so I had ended up redoing this in 2012 which landed the same end result in 2014. I started looking for a permanent solution and found that eSoyebrow transplant was a possibility but clinics in Seattle, Toronto and Miami were out of my price range 5,000 - 8,000! My co-worker is originally from Europe and suggested Turkey and so I researched the clinics and chose Natural Hair over others as it has posted videos on youtube and they were very quick to get back to me and very easy to reach and stay in contact with.

Do your research! not just on the clinic but the actual procedure. I didn't. I was not mentally prepared for having my head shaved in the back to take the follicles for eyebrows. I was in shock. I went through with it balling my eyes out the entire time. No fault of the clinic but the loss of my hair was a traumatic experience for me. I also did not have medication to relax me so it was the longest 6 hours of my life. After I was finished at the clinic I couldnt even make eye contact with my friend who had been with me during the experience. I was embarrassed about how far I had come and what I was willing to give up (a giant chunk of hair) for some eyebrows.

We went back to the hotel and I had trouble sleeping.. the donor area had been in pain and bled for up to 3 days post surgery. Day 2 I woke up so swollen that I looked like something out of Pan's Labryth I had to take the soda out of the mini bar and place them strategically on the back of my head and on my cheeks to help with the swelling. It's day 6 today and I'm still having trouble sleeping and lots of pain in the donor area but my brows dont hurt and they are scabbing as I would expect. I had got them done thick so that I would never have to go through this process again. Is it worth it? I'm not sure yet.

The clinic itself was clean and staff was very polite and hospitable and they did their part on trying to make the experience as comfortable as possible.

Photos added

I have added a few photos and will add more tomorrow for my 1 week post surgery photo. They will not look as thick as they do in the picture. I chose to get a little thicker only to be able to shape them myself and not have to re-do this surgery at another point down the road.

1 Week and 2 days post restoration

So it's been a week and a couple days and the scabs have come off (it helps if you use a heavy lotion to soften them) to reveal some bristly brows. I'm now waiting for these hairs to break and the new hairs to grow. I am not allowed to put make up on them for a month yet so I have to wear a hat or face the public looking like both eyebrows were shaved off in some sort of bad joke. I will post the next photo when I see a change :)

4 Months after transplant

Another two more months and I will see final results ... although I don't think they are what I had hoped to achieve. The hairs, I think, were placed too far apart which leaves them looking sparse. I am not allowed to pluck my eyebrows until month 6 and have noticed many brows are definitely not as thick as they looked when I first got them. I'm unsure if the hairs are suppose to fall out or keep on growing.. it might be best to get all the details from an English speaking doctor (or whatever your first language may be) so you know what to expect. My donor area is growing back well, hardly noticeable and has probably grown two or three inches.

In the pictures you can seem some of the tattoo I had in my brows has turned to a reddish pigment and the area where hairs were implanted still seems a little red.

Almost 2 years post eyebrow restoration

... And they're gone. All the graphs had fallen out and I have a tingly spot on the back on my head from where the hair was plucked. All in all not a positive experience and I would not have done it again. I have since went ahead with microblading to try and cope with the fact I have no brow hairs and this seems like my best option so far.

The doctor was very gentle and clinic staff was caring. The only thing that was a little tough was the language barrier. They had a translator for me but some things were lost in translation.