Long Time Coming - Regina, Saskatchewan

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm a 33 years old and started my...

I'm a 33 years old and started my "Lifestyle" journey in 2003 after the birth of my 3rd child which was a C-Section. My starting weight was 220 lbs and i got as low as 130 lbs. I was working out 4 hours a day and measuring Everything I would eat. It worked for that way for awhile but I couldn't keep up with such a strict lifestyle (diet and exercise.

I went through a Divorce as well started working Full Time so i didn't have enough time to keep up with working out 4 hrs/day. I stayed around the 147-155lb mark. I still would like to get back to about 135-140lb mark.

I went to see my Doctor in 2009 to ask her how to get rid of my pooch and she said there was no way of getting rid of it unless I got a abdomnioplasty and asked if i would like to get referred. This was something i had wanted for many years. I finally was able to see the Plastic Surgeon in 2010 and got approved for the TT. I had to wait another 9 months to get the call saying my surgery was booked in 3 days. I was so excited and couldn't wait to get it over and done with. Morning of Surgery i could hardly sit still. The day had finally come.

After Surgery my Boyfriend came back to pick me up from the hospital with flowers and brought me back to his house to take care of me. My ex agreed to watch our kids for awhile so i could heal properly.

Pain from the surgery wasn't bad as long as i kept taking the meds on time. I did everything i was told to do. I am not used to keeping still so long so this was tough for me as well i hate asking for help but my boyfriend wouldn't let me get out of bed or do anything without his help.

The hardest part for me was not having a BM. I was drinking 5-6 (approx 17 oz) water bottles a day. Taking Senna pills as well as Prune Juice. I finally was able to go on my 5th day but that was very Painful.

I am now 8 days post op and moving around pretty good. Went Grocery shopping with my boyfriend and it felt good to do a fair bit of walking. I was tired when we got back to his place though. Feeling pretty swollen this evening as well.

I have seen my tummy only once 2 days ago (6 days after surgery) My drains are still in as the PS thought this was best. I get them taken out in 2 days!! I can't wait! I have decided to not go back to work for another week and just take it easy.

2 days ago i finally got my drains out and felt so...

2 days ago i finally got my drains out and felt so relieved. I can move around better and not have to clip the JP's to my jeans.

Today was the exciting day though, I finally got to shower and it felt great. I wasn't sure how much i should let the water hit my incision or if i should be rubbing my incision.

I let the incision air dry for a bit and used bio oil and massaged the incision and belly button a bit but had to put my binder on shortly after as i didn't like how it felt to sit etc without the binder.

I pick up my kids today after school to spend the eve/night with them.

I'll get my boyfriend to take pictures tonight as i'm excited to see the difference from before and now.

Yesterday I dressed up and went out with another...

Yesterday I dressed up and went out with another couple for dinner. I wore my 3 inch heels and felt great! My tummy was a bit swollen by the end of the night but was back to normal in the morning again.

Today i went to work for the first time. I was definately tired after my shift and wanted to have a nap but had to run errands after. I am finding my binder to be annoying but can't go without it for too long.

I have been putting Bio oil on my incision now for a week and it's almost done scabbing. I am still finding my belly button to be big but perhaps it's just swollen. Anyone else finding this with their belly button?

I go see my PS on Tuesday the 22nd and i'm gonna ask and see if i can start working out lightly. But i'm not sure if i'll have the energy since i'll have my kids around again and i'm working full time again. My co worker is on holidays now so i'll be running store and clinic by myself. If i can get through next week i think everything will just get easier.

I love reading and seeing everyone's progress and their stories. I wish i had known of this site before my surgery!

Photo Update

Today has been 3 weeks since i've had my...

Today has been 3 weeks since i've had my surgery!

I've worked full time for a week now and things have been going good other than i keep getting headaches. I think it's a pinched nerve in my back/neck.

I don't go see the PS for another weeks. I think everything is healing well. I still find my belly button to be too big but hoping it will change in the next few months.

I stepped on the scale today and i'm down 4 lbs. Yay! I have been given the go ahead to workout as long as it's not too much and no weights. I just don't have the energy to workout after working 8 days! Soon hopefully!

It's been 7 months since my Surgery and i'm...

It's been 7 months since my Surgery and i'm feeling great! I've gone back to see the surgeon a cpl times and had "Dog ears" removed on the right side and then had to go back to "Lower" an incision. I go back on Tuesday and see if i'm done with the procedure.

I've also just been getting back into exercise and hoping to tone up!! Getting this tummy tuck was the best decision! It's boosted my self confidence greatly.

Ask your doctor because this could be approved by your local Health department and the cost could be covered.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
4 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
4 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
3 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful