Tummy Tuck to Get Rid of Pregnancy Pooch - Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

My tummy tuck was slow going and difficult at...

My tummy tuck was slow going and difficult at first but I’m very glad I did it. The whole idea started three years ago. My husband and I had made the decision not to have any more children (we have three beautiful boys already, aged 2, 3 and 5) and we were talking about tubal ligation. I joked that if they were going to do surgery down there then I wanted them to take the excess skin away too. My husband chimed in and was supportive of this idea even though I was only half-serious at first. Once we had looked into it further I was keener on the idea and we saved up for the tummy tuck. I finally had my surgery last March. Initially I regretted it. I saw it as something we had spent a lot of money on and it was very hard at first. I got an infection in the wound and had to go to hospital in the middle of the night. Also, I healed very slowly and I was immobile for much of that spring. I couldn’t do anything, especially the things I once enjoyed like playing with my boys. If they asked me to pick them up I had to say no. I felt awful about what I’d done. Now I feel completely different. The results are stunning and I couldn’t be happier. The scar is even and very nicely done. I have no more pain, no numbness and the follow-up to take care of the dog-ear flaps was easy. The initial healing period threw me for a loop but now I am much happier about my tummy tuck and would recommend it to any woman who wants to get rid of her pregnancy pooch too.