Tummy Tuck and Replaced to Silicone - Tulsa, OK

Dr Ratliff did my original saline implants in 2007...

Dr Ratliff did my original saline implants in 2007 and he did a fabulous job!

Ten years later, it was time to replace them and get silicone instead. I thought I would go ahead and just ask about a "mommy make over"... I most defiantly needed the tummy tuck! I just wasn't sure we would afford it all.

Dr Ratliff had the same kind and calming demeanor he had in 2007. We discussed the replacement to silicone and quickly picked out the best size for me. Next we moved onto the tummy tuck discussion and he explained the "quilting" technique he uses and how it is drainless. That made me pretty happy to hear! I asked about lipo and he looked me over and stated that honestly, I didn't need it. That exercise would easily fix the problems. :) I had to laugh at that because it was true! The tummy wasn't going to improve with exercise. I loved that he didn't "sell" me something he didn't feel I needed.

The operation was scheduled three weeks out from that appointment. The first few days were a little rough but I'm healinig very quickly. Yesterday was my 3 week post op visit and is VERY well.

I absolutely suggest Dr. Ratliff. He has a great bed side manner. Is kind. And does amazing work!

Just a few pics during the process

I took this right before I undressed in the gown to go into surgery on 4/25/2016

4 weeks post op tummy tuck

Almost 5 weeks.

Feeling pretty good about the healing process. :) TT and 525 cc silicone BA.

Took a 600 mile road trip last week and swelled pretty bad, but with rest it is all calming down.

Bathing suit season

Every day gets a little bit better!

Some bathing suits bottoms just won't work

I ordered on line, which was a mistake. I need to remember that with this scar, it's a better idea to try them on first. Lesson learned.

7 week check up today... All is well

Dr says I'm good to exercise and not have to wear my spanx anymore! Thank GOD! He also doesn't need to see me for any other more follow ups.

Took after pics today at the appointment. I wish I could have taken them in the morning when my swelling was down!

I'll post the before and after as soon as the office emails them to me.

Pretty grateful that all went so well.

Healing process will take up to one year but he says I'm about 75-80% healed.

Swelling by the end of day will continue to be a problem for at least 9 months is what the nurse told me.

I also got a pic of the stomach removed. Not sure if I should post it. But it was pretty cool to see!

Swelling is so much better in the morning

Seven weeks, just woke up and swelling is way down!

Seven weeks- before and after sent from Dr Ratliff

I'm at week 8.5 now but I just got these in my email and wanted to share my week 7 dr visit.

Before and after at 7 weeks