Here We Go!! Mommy Makeover in the Morning! - Tulsa, OK

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm excited and scared! I am going in the morning...

I'm excited and scared! I am going in the morning to get my long awaited tummy tuck and breast lift. After two babies this body is just not the same! I know I should be sleeping, but I can't stop reading this website!

After reading everyone's reviews, we decided to pick up a recliner at a consignment shop to get thru my recovery period. I also ordered some silicon strips to help with scar healing. I wonder if I should plan to end up in the bed the first day after the surgery or the recliner?

I did take some before pics, so I will post those up with my after pics later. Wish me luck tomorrow. And wish my husband luck as he takes care of both me and the kiddos during the next few weeks!

I am one week post op, and I so very pleased with...

I am one week post op, and I so very pleased with my results and how I feel now. The first few days were grueling to say the least. But, I am really mobile now. I can get up and around fairly easily. And my doctor says I am cleared to walk upright as much as I can now, so that is a big relief!! My doctor did the Tummy Tuck procedure without drains, something about how things are sewn on the inside so that fluid is not expected to fill up. So far, so good.... no complications or fluid build up and from reading everyone else's stories... life without drains was considerably easy!!

I am still somewhat swollen. More so on one side than the other. If I exert myself too much, like I did yesterday!!, I notice that I do swell up more. I had some worry about 4 days post op when I felt a pop, and then the next day had a bit of a coughing fit which was SOOOOOO painful. Holy cow!!! One or two coughs I can endure through, but I got a little tickle in my throat and it was terrible to say the least. But at my post op, nothing was wrong with any of my stitches so that was a relief.

I had almost stopped the pain pills day on day 5, but day 6 I after I was overly ambitious, I did take one in the evening as I settled down into my recliner.

In all of this I sometimes forget that I got a breast lift too. My breasts aren't bothering me at all. I switched to a sports bra yesterday. They are healing well, still a bit of bruising. They look awesome... high and perky! ha ha. I am curious to see what cup size I end up after the swelling goes down. I originally wanted an implant too, but Dr Ratliff said my breast lift was too much lift that I had to do this lift alone and leave it at least 3 months before considering implants too. I know my boobs will eventually fall with gravity, but right now it almost looks like I did get impants so maybe it will be okay like this for awhile.

A few things to note:
1. Love, love my recliner. I still sleep in the bed at night, but then during the day I migrate to the recliner so I can be a part of the family. I mentioned before that we picked this up on the cheap at a consignment store and then had it steam cleaned. Then when I get done with it, I can donate it or sell it!
2. If you have kidlits, make sure you have someone to take care of them because you cannot do anything at all for the first several days. My husband has been amazing!! I think it also helped that I scheduled the surgery in the middle of the week, so the first couple of days the kiddos were at daycare for a good part of the day and I could just sleep and keep my feet up.
3. My doctor had me drink 32 oz of Gatoraide each day for the first 3 days after surgery. This actually turned out to be a good thing because it was tastier than water and easier to drink. It also then forced you to get up and go to the bathroom quite a bit.
4. The first probably two days were THE worst. You literally can't do anything for yourself. But the more and more you force yourself to get up and shuffle to the bathroom, it gets easier. I eventually started also doing a little shuffle around the house a couple of times before settling back down.
5. Heating pad for your back is essential. My back muscles were screaming at me from being bent over all the time. I have one of those bags with the corn or something in it, throw in the microwave for a few minutes and then it retains its heat for quite awhile.
Tulsa Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Ratliff right here on RealSelf from reading your reviews!! Thanks so much to those of you who posted reviews. I am SO very pleased with my results. Dr Ratliff and his nurses are awesome!! I am happy that I went with this doctor. I read mixed reviews about his revision policy, but honestly, he is very upfront about what could go wrong, and the policy around revision. He was very professional, and easy going. He made me feel at ease and aware of all my options. The recovery room nurse, Kerry, was also great. I took a bit to come out of the anesthesia and went about 3 hours over my expected time to leave. She was super nice about everything and explained everything great to my husband.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
4 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
4 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful